Granny's gone and done it again

So I went through all my records since I started calving yaks back in 2016. Total calves 35 out of that 23 BULLS (includes the 2 that didn't make it) and 12 heifers. All the girls are still on the farm and then Tibbits, and Golden Myles for bulls and then another 6 bull calves from this year.

Golden Myles is with the "3 stooges" as a small breeding group. Since all 4 of them are virgins it will be interesting to see IF there are any pg in the spring.

Last edited:
Tibbits spent most of Friday with his upper lip curled up smelling/testing to see if any of the ladies were in the mood.

He went thru the alleyway, and chute backward the entire way. I managed to vaccinate him before the squeeze chute. He's a pretty mellow boy.

Honestly all my "home grown" yaks are MUCH more mellow then the ones I have bought or traded for.

Last edited:
it was -17 with wind chill this morning so the "Great white hunters" didn't start as early as usual. :lol:
we get the NY city wanna be hunters up here for deer season---what a joke! they stock up on beer and food at Shop Rite for their hunting camps and have at it! only ones happy are probably their wives left home!

for Wishing
1603727391842.png

we get the NY city wanna be hunters up here for deer season---what a joke! they stock up on beer and food at Shop Rite for their hunting camps and have at it! only ones happy are probably their wives left home!
I know I would be. LOL

Back
Top Bottom