Granny's gone and done it again

I never made a lot of pies, but when we lived in Nova Scotia I made blueberry pies in the summer when we could go out and pick wild berries. One time we picked so many, it filled up the old green Coleman cooler. We sold some that year. Our 2 Shelties at the time would go along and pick their own for immediate enjoyment. Candy ( our first dog as a couple) found bear poo to roll in one time, so naturally we had to bathe her. Fun times.

This month has really gone fast. I can't believe that day after tomorrow is Thanksgiving. what do you have to be thankful for?

I am thankful to my new friends here on BYC. Thankful @Kiki for talking me into joining. I am thankful for what I have of my health. Thankful for Lucy who makes my life a bit easier, though a bit complicated too. LOL. Thankful for Quail, so I can eat healthier. Thankful for my humor, that I can laugh at the drop of a hat.
I'm glad I was able to twist your arm.

Hi guys. Verna! You bad girl you had us all worried about you. Glad to hear that you are back with us and feeling better.

It's been rainy and cold today. I went out to discover that winter is finally here. Only way I can tell it is when the wet snow rips my run nets down. Got about half of them up but since I didn't let the birds out today no big rush.

@CapricornFarm, my DH had sinus surgery. The up side is that you can breathe easier. The down side is that it doesn't last forever. My doctor talked to me about having it done, he said oh yeah, it would really help you. Then I asked him if it was a permanent fix and he said no, the average was about 5 years. Some got 7 some got longer but no final solution to sinus problems. Sometimes, 5-7 years sounds like a good run! Like the sweatshirt I saw recently that had 'Never p*** off an old person...They reach a point where 'life in prison' isn't that much of a deterrent!' printed on the front of it.

I had a 'telephone' doctor appointment today. He was glad that my back pain is slowly resolving, glad to hear that I am doing strengthening exercises. Glad that my blood pressure was good. I just snorted and told him yeah, I'm not in bad shape for the shape I'm in! 6 years....and I finally have that man trained on how to deal with me! My luck, he'll leave and I'll be retraining a new doctor.

Hi guys. Verna! You bad girl you had us all worried about you. Glad to hear that you are back with us and feeling better.

It's been rainy and cold today. I went out to discover that winter is finally here. Only way I can tell it is when the wet snow rips my run nets down. Got about half of them up but since I didn't let the birds out today no big rush.

@CapricornFarm, my DH had sinus surgery. The up side is that you can breathe easier. The down side is that it doesn't last forever. My doctor talked to me about having it done, he said oh yeah, it would really help you. Then I asked him if it was a permanent fix and he said no, the average was about 5 years. Some got 7 some got longer but no final solution to sinus problems. Sometimes, 5-7 years sounds like a good run! Like the sweatshirt I saw recently that had 'Never p*** off an old person...They reach a point where 'life in prison' isn't that much of a deterrent!' printed on the front of it.

I had a 'telephone' doctor appointment today. He was glad that my back pain is slowly resolving, glad to hear that I am doing strengthening exercises. Glad that my blood pressure was good. I just snorted and told him yeah, I'm not in bad shape for the shape I'm in! 6 years....and I finally have that man trained on how to deal with me! My luck, he'll leave and I'll be retraining a new doctor.
I had UPPP surgery, which was supposed to decrease my snoring. It didn't work, just made it harder for me to swallow.

6 years....and I finally have that man trained on how to deal with me! My luck, he'll leave and I'll be retraining a new doctor.
Unless they are untrainable, and you search for a long time to find one that meshes with you. Know that feeling well.

Edit: Problem I have, is trying to find a decent doctor. Now the only thing you seem to see is Practicing Nurses, whom think they know it all, but don't seem to know diddly squat.

Guess what I am doing. LOL I went to town and bought a turkey and now Im cooking it. I also made stuffing ready for the oven thursday. LOL Figure if I make it now it will free up the oven for the ham and trimmings Thursday and SD is coming tomorrow to make pies. I never had turkey and ham before.
Umm, anyone ever bake a turkey in a bag ? Its 13lbs and it says 2 1/2 hrs at 350. I thought they needed to cook like 5 hrs.?

Back
Top Bottom