Granny's gone and done it again

Its 13lbs and it says 2 1/2 hrs at 350. I thought they needed to cook like 5 hrs.?
In the bag, it cooks a lot faster, as it is steaming as well as baking. I loved cooking them in a bag. Makes it so all the drippings do not disappear into brown sludge. LOL. Makes excellent broth for gravy or soup stock.

In the bag, it cooks a lot faster, as it is steaming as well as baking. I loved cooking them in a bag. Makes it so all the drippings do not disappear into brown sludge. LOL. Makes excellent broth for gravy or soup stock.
Ohh thank you !

Guess what I am doing. LOL I went to town and bought a turkey and now Im cooking it. I also made stuffing ready for the oven thursday. LOL Figure if I make it now it will free up the oven for the ham and trimmings Thursday and SD is coming tomorrow to make pies. I never had turkey and ham before.
Umm, anyone ever bake a turkey in a bag ? Its 13lbs and it says 2 1/2 hrs at 350. I thought they needed to cook like 5 hrs.?

These were 23+ lbs and cooked in 3 hours.
DA9432B1-AB5C-4DA5-8E67-2215203D1288.jpeg
FA16D35D-484E-4AC2-B421-EF3CE81D9B8C.jpeg

One of those situations where the cure was worse than the disease. Sorry to hear you went through that without help. I can only imagine how sore you were afterwards, Cap.
Yeah, having the insides of your throat scraped out is miserable. Even my uvula is gone.

Back
Top Bottom