Granny's gone and done it again

Tonight, before I go to bed, I have to clean out my fridge. Going to take some of the older quail eggs, and dump them out by the garbage can, so that strays can have some good food. The rest of the junk will be thrown in the dumpster. The good eggs, I have to make into pickled eggs this weekend. I am getting about a dozen eggs a day.

Tonight, before I go to bed, I have to clean out my fridge. Going to take some of the older quail eggs, and dump them out by the garbage can, so that strays can have some good food. The rest of the junk will be thrown in the dumpster. The good eggs, I have to make into pickled eggs this weekend. I am getting about a dozen eggs a day.

I can't imagine having any eggs left when dealing with quail eggs. They're so tiny! lol

I can't imagine having any eggs left when dealing with quail eggs. They're so tiny! lol
When you get at least a dozen a day, and don't eat eggs every day, you do get overload. LOL. It may take 3 or 4 eggs, to equal one chicken egg, and take a dozen per person to make a meal. Being alone, there is no way I can eat them all.

When you get at least a dozen a day, and don't eat eggs every day, you do get overload. LOL. It may take 3 or 4 eggs, to equal one chicken egg, and take a dozen per person to make a meal. Being alone, there is no way I can eat them all.

If I could even stop hatching chickens I would switch to quail because I could keep males and breed my own quail but I can't keep roosters. I can't seem to stop hatching chicks every year though, lol! So I keep adding newbies to the flock.

Plants are taking the place of your critters! Do you know the ones called Hens and Chicks? (Sempervivum) They are easy to grow.

View attachment 2425260

I’ve seen them, but I’m don’t have any.

I looove succulents!! I was having such a hard time keeping house plants alive because we just don't have a great plant window with direct sunlight. My friend gave me some babies off of her sansavaria? I think they're all in that family. They're doing fantastic!

I named my sansevieria Mr. Darcy because he never shares his thoughts or feelings.

15C4AC05-ABFC-41C0-AAEE-50BF7515C179.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom