Granny's gone and done it again

Mine is 6-qt too. Had the 4-qt, too small, sold it. Need a HEFTY one around here!

I really like the fact that I can do a triple batch of cookies in it. Well most of the ones I make anyway. Also have a hand mixer for mashing taters and whipping cream.

Stock is strained and in kettle for tomorrow to cook the "innards" in and then add to the bread and sauted celery and onions and spices. I also dice the gizzard and heart/liver and peel what ever neck meat I can get and that goes in as well. I have a couple quarts of homemade chicken stock to add if needed.

Oh so very addictive. LOL. Soon as my new cage gets here, I will put more in incubator. Right now, my hens that hatched after the election are waiting to get out of brooder. Sad news, Cage won't be here until Tuesday, so they will be in brooder a bit longer.
I just keep building more!

I really like the fact that I can do a triple batch of cookies in it. Well most of the ones I make anyway. Also have a hand mixer for mashing taters and whipping cream.
Oh yes I love my kitchen toys. Last Christmas I got the pasta attachment for the kitchen aid but have only used it once. So far... darn shoulders/arms! But I will, just you wait!

I LOVE forged in fire! It's about the only thing I miss about satellite TV, especially since I collect edged weapons and have a sword display on one bedroom wall. One anniversary, my husband presented me with a Xiphos sword engraved with our initials and wedding date engraved on it. Forget diamonds, nothing says true love like tempered steel!

Everything is tired tonight. I got pie baked (homegrown sugar pie pumpkins), applesauce (our own home grown Arkansas Black apples) two loaves of Amish sweet white bread and a batch of oatmeal cookies with a cup of left over pumpkin blended in cause I didn't have the heart to give it to the chickens since I had worked so hard to process it yesterday!

Since we are doing an un-traditional dinner for this un-traditional Thanksgiving, thick sirloin steak is marinating in the fridge. All I have to do tomorrow is cook the meat, roast the veggies, mash some potatoes and I'm good to go!

Meanwhile....it's still raining. At least it isn't snowing so thank goodness for small favors!

And Happy Thanksgiving to all my Dear friends here at Granny's and Back Yard Chickens!
Happy Thanksgiving Becky!

Oh yes I love my kitchen toys. Last Christmas I got the pasta attachment for the kitchen aid but have only used it once. So far... darn shoulders/arms! But I will, just you wait!

I think the only one I have is the grinder which I LOVE , other then trying to figure out how to raise the "catching bowl" up so it grindee's don't end up all over.

Rod is going out of town friday afternoon and back "supposedly" on Sunday. So I get to run out to the farm everyday and do the animals. Well Vicki might go one of those days. So I guess the pop door on the coop will have to be left open. Hopefully we have gotten all the coons.
That’s a bummer.

I got the dressing made (2 types) and the turkey cooked and parted out. Reheating tomorrow will be easier than cooking so I can enjoy the day, unlike now because all the work in the torture chamber just destroys my back.
Still wanted to do the gravy and cranberries today, but my bossy back commands some rest. Guess there will be plenty of time tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom