Granny's gone and done it again

you been tipping the cooking sherry ? Its been dark here for 2 hrs
SOMEBODY been tippin the sherry, lol! This was the first opportunity I got to say the day WAS bright and sunny!! More later, putting the kids to bed. Getting them organized to clean up the kitchen again anyway so *I* can go to bed! :lau

Skipping missed pages. GirlChild and I made those jalapeño poppers n GUESS WHAT!!?!? I can actually eat them!!!! Normally any kind of pepper, even just touching to my tongue, locks me up so I can't breathe. The secret, we boiled em first. Then blanched in ice water (still before filling). Filled, wrapped in turkey bacon, baked. Delicioso!!!!

This is the first that granddaughter's fiancee has celebrated Thanksgiving in ten years - his Mom died on Thanksgiving ten years ago. He's a really good guy, and we are so glad that he and GD are together. We were supposed to go there for dinner, but right now it doesn't make sense to do so.
May your granddaughter bring him much joy and many happy years together, Sour!

So many of us, at our age, have sad memories that can cast a shadow at this time of year.
I, too, buried a husband just weeks before Christmas, in 2004. But. About the last thing he said to me was "Be happy." So I try to honor our time together by doing that. I've found a new man to love and I think he'd be glad I did. Because I'm just not happy unless I have someone in my life to cook for and look after and try to make laugh. Yes, I still miss him and thinking about him can bring a tear to my eye sometimes. But I try not to stay there for long. I try to remember the good times and be grateful for the time we had, though it was short. For me, that's what Thanksgiving is about. That, and making new memories to sustain me in years yet to come. Wishing you all the best.

Thinking about some more dressing. LOL
Lol, I forgot to make it. But will tomorrow probably. We ate all the mashed taters and gravy already so stuffing will be good tomorrow. This is becoming a historic meal like the Pilgrims'. Just eat all week till the food is gone!

Back
Top Bottom