Granny's gone and done it again

And back to you, Cap and everyone at Granny Hatchet's! Hope you all had a good day and didn't over indulge too much. The only thing I brutalized was my pumpkin pie and I had to stop resisting seconds and give in.

Hope y'all had a great day and are switching gears to Christmas.
Actually, it was one of the worst Thanksgiving dinners I have had, but the company was good. She made lamb, which was ok but the veggies were either undercooked or overcooked. And it was all cold for some reason. I wasn't feeling great so I didn't eat much anyway.
Hubby had already made a Turkey while the family was here, so we had a feast then.
Hope you are feeling good today.

Now Cap, remember the first rule of Dealing with Arthritis When you Keep Chickens is Don't hesitate to ask for help! Just ask!

Good advice from the person who is just getting over a bad flare in their back and hip. I have two open bags of chicken feed sitting on the floor of my feed room waiting to be dumped into their trash cans ..... when DH can help me and not before.

Hate to hear that your back is bothering you. Take care my friend.

Turkey...having that for Christmas. I need to get the bleeping thing out and thawed so I can cut it up in quarters. I'm the only turkey eater in the house so I will pop a roast in the slow cooker for DH and roast a quarter of a turkey for Christmas dinner. I love ham, DH not so much but we both don't need the extra salt in our diets.
I would ask for help if I had someone to ask. Hubby is in worse shape than I am. His back hurts him every day. And he won't take pain pills. He is out there right now putting up the new shutters.

Actually, it was one of the worst Thanksgiving dinners I have had, but the company was good. She made lamb, which was ok but the veggies were either undercooked or overcooked. And it was all cold for some reason. I wasn't feeling great so I didn't eat much anyway.
Hubby had already made a Turkey while the family was here, so we had a feast then.
Hope you are feeling good today.
Wonder if it's her way of making sure somebody else gets tapped to cook next year! :gig

I feel very much at loose ends today. Normally I'm thinking about what to cook for dinner, if not actually getting started cooking by now. There will be no cooking today, and probably not for several days to come! What are you guys doing today?
I am in a lot better mood today. My nurse was going to see a friend, whom likes quail. I have sent him quails in the past, to give him something special to eat. Today I sent about 10 doz eggs. 4 quail (3 of them too young to harvest yet.), a tote I used as a brooder before, some food, a food dish and water dish, and some pine shavings. That way he can enjoy the quail before harvesting them.
He had told the nurse, that his mother used to serve quail on Thanksgiving when he was a kid. That they would go out and harvest them. It brought special memories back to him. Like me, he is on a fixed income, but a lower branch than I am. It makes me feel good, when I can lift up others.

I cant remember who helped me with the bone broth. Verna and someone but wanted to say it came out really good. I got 3 qts. and my GS drank half of one and asked for the other half to take home. He is super picky on what he eats so I was tickled he liked it enough to ask.
I am so glad it turned out well for you, and that GS really liked it. That makes my day.:woot

Back
Top Bottom