Granny's gone and done it again

We were masked and about 10 ft apart. She had just gotten home. I had to explain the new house rules to her, including how to sanitize door knobs and such. Had to explain quarantine, ya know? And how we are going to do it until she gets a clean test. All of which is out the window now bc the testing place will not test her UNTIL SHE SHOWS SYMPTOMS. Frankly I am just baffled.
So tell them she has a sore throat and felt feverish. That should do it.

Well tell him
People who are autistic find it difficult or impossible to comprehend how other people feel. That's pretty much the definition of autism, or at least the best I understand it. The root word is "auto," self. They comprehend the world primarily as it impacts or affects themselves. I don't mean to imply that they are selfish, no. Only that they perceive the world in an inward way. In order to motivate my Kid, for example, I have to find ways to help him see how doing things will benefit him, not me. Not that he doesn't care about me, in his way he does. But on an emotional level he's like a much younger child. It's like telling a 2-year old he should eat his beets because it makes Mummy happy. It just ain't happening. I think Robert will wear a mask to see his doctor when he realizes it's in HIS best interest to do so. If he loses a privilege of some sort, for example, or if there is something he really wants - even if it is just to see his doctor. It has to be HIS choice. Just because it makes Granny miserable, I think, isn't a good enough motivator.

There apparently was another frenzy buying of paper products. The shortage didn't last very long, but the stores here are still asking that people limit themselves to one pack of paper towels.

no worries for me then as I don't used paper towels. That's what rags or dishcloths are for.

Back
Top Bottom