Granny's gone and done it again

Many people seem to end up with pneumonia with covid it seems. As if it's not bad enough.
Covid is a respiratory infection. That is why it is SO IMPORTANT for people to wear masks! The mask does not particularly protect you from getting the infection. It keeps you from spreading it to others. PLEASE! Wear a mask, save lives!

They told us back to work/ school ten days after onset of symptoms. Ridiculous! I think a negative test should be the ONLY safe criterion for determining when a person's q'tine is over. We are not following the science, we are pandering to people's whiney-ass desire to "get back to normal." I'm staying home until I am WELL. Far be it from me to inflict this misery on a fellow human.
I think not being back to normal has it's own set of very serious problems as well... depression, drug abuse, overdose, untreated medical conditions, domestic violence, suicide, child abuse, hunger... all have increased with the shut downs. And of course it's much harder on poor people and for those whose jobs have dried up. Kids not being in school means that those who don't have parental support or internet service are not able to keep up and kids with disabilities are really falling behind and many are now at risk.
There's a trade off for everything.

Back
Top Bottom