Granny's gone and done it again

Well has it happened before? Why does he cuss the doctor? And how does she deal with it? I assume she knows he is autistic?
She said he couldnt be seen w/o a mask and now she is making a one time exception so he can get his blood drawn. He is way over due. I called them to give her a heads up.

so when he cusses her, If he does Do I walk out, ignore it or go bizirk on him?
How about a calm, matter of fact comment from you. Something like, Robert, this is an example of what I was trying to explain to you when we were talking. Just because you don't like the situation (or what was said to you) doesn't mean you have to react react like that. You are too intelligent to embarrass yourself like that, and I know you can do better.

You stay calm, express disappointment in him while at the same time encouraging with a compliment and higher expectations of him. Calm is the key. It's a learning opportunity, that's it. If you react angry or crazy, then you end up doing exactly what you are asking him to stop doing. You have to model the right behaviors. Show him how it's done!

How about a calm, matter of fact comment from you. Something like, Robert, this is an example of what I was trying to explain to you when we were talking. Just because you don't like the situation (or what was said to you) doesn't mean you have to react react like that. You are too intelligent to embarrass yourself like that, and I know you can do better.

You stay calm, express disappointment in him while at the same time encouraging with a compliment and higher expectations of him. Calm is the key. It's a learning opportunity, that's it. If you react angry or crazy, then you end up doing exactly what you are asking him to stop doing. You have to model the right behaviors. Show him how it's done!
I love that, Wishing! Where were you when I needed parenting? 😄

thats great advise Wishing. If I can employ that . I need to mke it my own words. If I said that exactly he would know it wasnt coming from me.

Back
Top Bottom