Granny's gone and done it again

Did our two mile hike to a friends house. Goose had fun trying to catch bubbles lol. Hubs drove by a bit after we arrived - which worked out I didn’t have to walk home again lol. 0B62E2BA-8362-41D7-A258-CD980AFAC715.jpeg D95CE88B-83A7-490C-A19A-B7590EC5FD48.jpeg F7E92972-2CFB-4AE4-916D-98F4D9F403E9.jpeg FC5FA7CB-32EC-419F-9BB0-9F441C125E51.jpeg

I couldnt take 2 Roberts. I struggle with one. But, ya, totally different. They walk to the beat of their own drum for sure.
Robert is much more extreme than my Kid. The Kid can be rude, insensitive, selfish and unaware at times. I don't put up with it much, but it doesn't really compute with him. I don't care, he needs to know it's not acceptable.

Robert is much more extreme than my Kid. The Kid can be rude, insensitive, selfish and unaware at times. I don't put up with it much, but it doesn't really compute with him. I don't care, he needs to know it's not acceptable.
Sometimes I wonder how many undiagnosed autistics/people on the spectrum we know...my mom was convinced I was when I was younger. Hubs could be too.

again, not as extreme as Robert but...

But don’t we all?
Yes, but there are social conventions to which the majority subscribe and adhere to. And then there's these guys. Examples: when checking out at the grocery store, the clerk says, heve a nice day. Most respond, Thanks, you too. My DH, if he responds at all, says, Yes. Whenever anyone says Thank you to him for any reason, he responds, Yes. Not, You're welcome. When meeting new people or welcoming guests, he does not shake hands unless I prompt him to. It just doesn't occur to him. He stands in the middle of a grocery aisle and does not notice he is blocking traffic. I could go on. He is just not aware of people around him or his place in space. He does not wear a jacket even if it is pouring rain. He does not wipe sweat off even if he is dripping. Some people think he is retarded or "backward," but he is brilliant, kind and generous. He just operates on a different plane than "normal."

Back
Top Bottom