Granny's gone and done it again

Sigh. So it’s hubs birthday. So his friends want to do something. It’s their kids bday party this weekend so a weekend thing is out. We’re not going out for dinner - I cooked a roast beast at home.
Well his friend Ryan...oh can we come over! Well, dinner isn’t your family friendly (the wife is the only one that eats meat) that and not enough food for you guys but I’m getting some cake come by for cake around 7. Ok yay.
Then other friends want in. Ok so now that’s four extra adults and four extra kids...maybe even six-8 extra adults in case Ryan’s parents/brother/brothers lady come too. Which ok. We’re all fam but it’s not a huge cake. So it’ll be small pieces but whatever. Everyone is ok with 7. Then ryan comes back with oh can you do earlier cause kids bedtime is 7:30.
Ok fine. I’ll toss the roast in now we’ll have dinner a bit earlier, my workday will be cut short but whatever. Special occasion. Ryan also showed up right as I was finishing prepping dinner...so we were late starting dinner cause ryan had to grab some bolts or something.
It’s now 7. No word from either family. I put the cake back in the fridge (it’s an ice cream cake) and yeah it could be this is where my cycle is but I’m freaking mad. I worked around my original plans for hubs birthday to accommodate these guys....

Oh it gets better. So Ryan told the other couple it was cancelled for today and rescheduled for tomorrow. I said no. I’m already behind on work and Tuesday is a late work day to begin with. I find this input when I text couple 2 cause I hadn’t heard anything and that’s how I find out.

so. To say I’m mad at him would be putting it lightly. Now I gotta turn my kitchen table back into an office area and yeah.

Sigh. So it’s hubs birthday. So his friends want to do something. It’s their kids bday party this weekend so a weekend thing is out. We’re not going out for dinner - I cooked a roast beast at home.
Well his friend Ryan...oh can we come over! Well, dinner isn’t your family friendly (the wife is the only one that eats meat) that and not enough food for you guys but I’m getting some cake come by for cake around 7. Ok yay.
Then other friends want in. Ok so now that’s four extra adults and four extra kids...maybe even six-8 extra adults in case Ryan’s parents/brother/brothers lady come too. Which ok. We’re all fam but it’s not a huge cake. So it’ll be small pieces but whatever. Everyone is ok with 7. Then ryan comes back with oh can you do earlier cause kids bedtime is 7:30.
Ok fine. I’ll toss the roast in now we’ll have dinner a bit earlier, my workday will be cut short but whatever. Special occasion. Ryan also showed up right as I was finishing prepping dinner...so we were late starting dinner cause ryan had to grab some bolts or something.
It’s now 7. No word from either family. I put the cake back in the fridge (it’s an ice cream cake) and yeah it could be this is where my cycle is but I’m freaking mad. I worked around my original plans for hubs birthday to accommodate these guys....
People like this ... grr. My SIL showed up here one day last year and informed me 14 of her relatives were on their way to a party she was hosting at MY house in honor of her kid bring shipped off to some tropical island for a year. I was like, Excuse me, what? Right now? No. That is not happening. Get out. Imagine, holding a party at someone else's house and not only not informing that person but not even inviting them. A week or so later I did offer to host a party for her, but on my terms. I made her come over and help clean in advance, decorate, cook, plate and serve, act as hostess and clean up afterward. I just provided the venue. She never pulled that carp on me again.

Back
Top Bottom