Granny's gone and done it again

FB_IMG_1621188914749.jpg

Posting up my neighbors flowers that he cornered me when I got home from work on Thursday and HAD to show me...cause I think we all need a little prettiness today

(he’s a very sweet widower, his mil got him this rose bush as a wedding gift and every year it blooms in profusion all summer long. None of his other roses are this happy.) 5AA0562E-FA0F-4C5E-B89E-937568C3F347.jpeg 1AFBEE48-ECF2-4052-8D43-368C03A5D3B8.jpeg 0916E828-8A01-4EFF-9B98-B99DC8D827CF.jpeg

ugh. So yesterday felt like death. Today just crampy. Thank gosh the worst days are on the weekend this month. Now I gotta shovel out some chicken compost and add it to the Slope of Doom and see if I can get hubs’ assistance in setting up the irrigation there. (It’s a cool, cloudy day so I have no hope with connecting irrigation tubes)

still gotta clean/permetherin out the coop...sigh.

Posting up my neighbors flowers that he cornered me when I got home from work on Thursday and HAD to show me...cause I think we all need a little prettiness today

(he’s a very sweet widower, his mil got him this rose bush as a wedding gift and every year it blooms in profusion all summer long. None of his other roses are this happy.)View attachment 2672486View attachment 2672487View attachment 2672488

ugh. So yesterday felt like death. Today just crampy. Thank gosh the worst days are on the weekend this month. Now I gotta shovel out some chicken compost and add it to the Slope of Doom and see if I can get hubs’ assistance in setting up the irrigation there. (It’s a cool, cloudy day so I have no hope with connecting irrigation tubes)

still gotta clean/permetherin out the coop...sigh.
That rose is beautiful! You should buy some rooting powder and get a start of that!

I love this pic of Goose. He's looking at the camera like, Seiously, Mom, we had to do the shark thing? 🤣 But I'm sorry about your hen so I couldn't just click the ❤ button like I usually do for Goose pics. Which reminds me, I've been meaning to ask: why "Goose?" Did you tell us you named him after the character in Top Gun?

no, though in his puppy-er phase where he liked to bat my eye with his ginormous paw....he would have been well named after the flerkin, goose (in captain marvel - the cat that takes nick fury’s eye lol)

it’s a long and silly story with Goose. When I lived in Alberta, peach and I would see migrating white birds that looked like white Canada geese...so blindly without the help of Google I thought they were snow geese. So when Sandy (my breeder) said she had a White Boy unspoken for....I thought back to that happy memory in the prairies watching the snow geese migrate. Also, a lot of people are nervous of shepherds cause they’re big vicious brutes so I wanted a silly name that could maybe put people at ease (as opposed to the more rough names) though anyone who knows Canada goose’s are not to be messed with either....soo...silly but still fierce!

anyway. My coworker asked me the same question so I started googling snow goose to show her. Wow that was not the same bird. Found out it was tundra swans peach and I watched. Oops. Oh well. Didn’t want to name him swan! Sooo he stayed goose.

Back
Top Bottom