Granny's gone and done it again

What a day yesterday. First of as we are driving into the franch ALL the yaks are in the big pasture (not amused) Get to Robert's house and we are told that he managed to drive his wheel chair off the top step (of three) and the wheelchair landed on top of him. Evidently laid that way for about an hour or so. I called him and idiot that will learn you to beg and plead and bribe your way out of the care facility 2 to 6 weeks early.

SO I get the tractor to head out and "drive/encourage" the main herd to head into the tit. SURPRISE they are already up there. Run and close gates and get set up to get Pigglet and Eeyore seperated from the main herd AGAIN. So how managed to get all of the main herd back into the pasture EXCEPT the 2 askhats and their moms , so only had to run them thru the chute . Eeyore was a "good boy" and cooperated nicely NOT like last week, THEN the little SOB formerly know as piglet manage to squeeze thru an opening into the big pasture and that was the end of that. His mom Twisty was still in the chute so we left her in the rodeo grounds hoping SOB would come back up. After attempting to use a tractor and the bobcat like cutting horses and sending the whole herd across the creek. MAJOR FAIL !! Thank you Mike for NOT listening and starting that with out me.

Hauled Eeyore over to the youngling paddocks and released him, the rest of that group raced over and surrounded him sniffing and grunting at him. HE was NOT amused.

Backed the trailed back over by the rodeo grounds and unhooked it from the pickup , so we could get the 2 new lic tubs out of the box and placed where then needed to go, then hauled the almost empty ones (the adults had gotten as much/deep as their horns and tongues would allow them) over to the littles as they have no problems finishing the tubs off.

The coffee and smoke break. when that was over I noticed the main herd was in "resting" in the barns (for shade) or working on the new tubs. Mike goes racing into the big pasture to hunt for SOB , mean while I walk down to the loafing back and peek thru a hole in the wall AND there is SOB. Repeat of the first rodeo of the day other then Piglet actually loaded up. Over and dumped him , evidently he showed a little attitude towards Curly and Equinox so they PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE>

The hooked the tiller up and tilled the garden out there other then where Vicki has her pumpkins.

Last edited:
Vicki went back to the farm to stay until (not sure) and keep an eye on Robert and do "stuff"

Look what she discovered today. the Little girl was left by herself with mom now where near her. VERY "fresh" calf

and its a HEIFER :wee

Polka's calf #2.jpg
Polka's calf #3.jpg
Polka's calf #4.jpg
Polks's heifer 6-23-2021.jpg

they put her in the truck and hauled her up to mom. She did get to nurse a little , Polka wasn't "into" letting her do it much BUT Polka is also still passing the afterbirth and such. Might end up with another bottle baby. Vicki of course is busy watching like a hawk. I also suspect that Vicki is drooling at the thought of a Curly Sue II

Back
Top Bottom