Granny's gone and done it again

That must of been scary. We have ice storms here normally once at least a winter and when the sun comes out its just beautiful. Looks like crystals shinning everywhere.
It’s pretty but not fun to deal with. The weight of the ice does damage to plants/trees/power lines and forget about having to go anywhere…everything is a skating rink.
Wow Granny! I would really love to have that!

The only thing I hope for in Winter is grass, which I am sure is quite common where you live?

It wasn't that bad, but the house was making weird noises at some point. Going to 4H was difficult too. I was afraid the chickens were going to blow away! They were smart enough to stay in the coop though.
pretty but no. Trust me. You don’t want that lol.
First, early to lawyer's office. Going to get things started for my kids to get this house. I already have them in my trust to get it when I pass. I want them to have it now since my health is bad. They are going to pay the property taxes..$1,700 anyway..and the up coming house ins... over $600 dollars. After the lawyer, going to go get my booster vaccine and stay home to see how I do. I didn't have any reaction with the first two..knock on wood. :)
Fingers crossed for no bad reactions!!
colon cancer runs in our family strong. No one has had breast cancer.
Just because there’s no history doesn’t mean it can’t pop up. Get your tatas checked.

Goodnight Granny! I guess no recipe today...:caf
this going to be a poor attempt because I dont remember squat.
I boil a few chicken pieces with skin because I like the fat. til its done then remove the chicken and let it cool. take the meat off and discard the bones and skin. In a different bowl mix self rising flour w an egg and milk to biscuit consistency. get your broth to a simmer and drop teaspoon sized balls of the mix into the broth . Dont stir it. cover and let simmer for 5-8 mins . You might need to break the dumplings apart depending on how many you put in there.and you may need to flip some of the dumplings. You should be able to tell if they are done or its raw batter. Add your chicken back to the pot.

I probably use about 3 cups of flour. Just guessing for a BIG pot . some of the dumplings will break down making the gravy .
salt , turmeric pepper and parsley is what I like to use in the broth and for a richer flavor boil chicken in chicken broth

this going to be a poor attempt because I dont remember squat.
I boil a few chicken pieces with skin because I like the fat. til its done then remove the chicken and let it cool. take the meat off and discard the bones and skin. In a different bowl mix self rising flour w an egg and milk to biscuit consistency. get your broth to a simmer and drop teaspoon sized balls of the mix into the broth . Dont stir it. cover and let simmer for 5-8 mins . You might need to break the dumplings apart depending on how many you put in there.and you may need to flip some of the dumplings. You should be able to tell if they are done or its raw batter. Add your chicken back to the pot.

I probably use about 3 cups of flour. Just guessing for a BIG pot . some of the dumplings will break down making the gravy .
salt , turmeric pepper and parsley is what I like to use in the broth and for a richer flavor boil chicken in chicken broth
Wow. Thats a lot of work, Granny!

You use a whole chicken?

Back
Top Bottom