Granny's gone and done it again

I'm all alone in the house. Woasme..or however you write that .lol. I know, some of you like it that way once in a while. Me too. But it's different these days. Pity party. Sorry. I get over it pret quick. Just been missing my husband the past few days..extra bad. 2019. We are getting old here, wait, we are old here. ;) Christmas family party. View attachment 2963217View attachment 2963221
Beautiful pics! :hugs

She looks great in photos. For some odd reason though, she doesn't like to roost. She like to sleep on the ground. And its not that she can't, she just doesn't want to. She isn't legthargic, so I am assuming she is just an odd one.
What are you using for roosts?

I am in St Louis, living it up in a Hilton with my two best girls, my DD and her DD, my GirlChild. We will put my DD on a plane back to TX early in the morning. EARLY! We have to get up at 3:30 to get the shuttle to get us to the airport. No way am I driving in the dark to try and find my way to the airport in a strange city at 3 am! I'm brave but not a damn fool, lol! Then GC and I will shuttle back to the hotel for breakfast and a couple hours of shut-eye before heading back home.

What are you using for roosts?
There are round beams and a few "stands". I don't have them measured yet, since this is the new coop at the new place. I will post pictures tomorrow. I moved her quite a few times and there's a lot of linear footage, but she prefers the floor.

Cynthia, this is me with the beautiful mask Cap made for me. She made my whole family one.
1642392733454.png

Last edited:
There are round beams and a few "stands". I don't have them measured yet, since this is the new coop at the new place. I will post pictures tomorrow. I moved her quite a few times and there's a lot of linear footage, but she prefers the floor.
You might want to try a 2x4 with the flat side up. She looks like a heavy bird. Chicken feet aren't really made for perching like songbirds, so she may not like the rounded roosts. Or maybe she's afraid of heights! :D

Back
Top Bottom