Granny's gone and done it again

I am getting 7 eggs a day. Tossing them due to the annual deworming. About half the flock is molting still. I think I read somewhere that good layers have a long and slow molt.
You also should not worm during molting. Too much stress on the bird. What are you using for worming?

That's ridiculous. You give them plenty of business and you caught the problem before it was a problem for them. They should expedite your replacement card.
They gave hubs the same timeline and he complained... so they sent us a new card in 3 days.

OH they would have sent it "express" saving a couple days BUT wanted 20 bucks for them to do so. This is Chase bank.

What does that mean, exactly?

I'm impressed you are getting eggs. Even my younger girls have quit. 3 of them are molting. Hard molt too... in January???

Yes indeed. Years ago VISA called to ask us if we charged something for 37 cents. No. They mmwdiately canceled that card and sent out a new one.

well there are heat lamps on so the hens have light 24/7 and the weather has/had been "decent/nice even" for the past week.

Back
Top Bottom