Granny's gone and done it again

The trail i was walking on in the park until i found the stream.
20220701_160530.jpg

Morning. Next few days we're gonna have a cool down. Which is fine by me. Too much sun makes me irritable. It's suppose to have a rain storm on the 4th and HOPE it does happen. We have massive forest fires every year. This year we had an oddly wet spring , the grass is 5 feet tall. Then we had 100F days so a Rouge firework in tall dry grass is scary! There is plenty of idiots that don't think about it. Needless to say I hope it dumps.

Oh my goodness... I had this exact experience! A horse left out on pasture next to our property was being neglected, so dad walked it home until the owners showed up. The horse was super well behaved, so he let me try a ride. I was not an experienced rider and came flying off that horse. He zigged and I zagged. I remember laying there stunned, saw his hoof come right near my head, and then he dropped his head right above me and stood perfectly still until I could move. Seemed like he was saying sorry. I was about 10.
Turns out he was a retired cutting horse. Big time champion too. Not for rookie riders.

I would get pictures for y’all, but my cameras glitching pretty bad. I’m so bad at taking care of iPhones honestly…I don’t even deserve one at this point. 😅 Otherwise, there were some nice looking horses out there today. Oh and SO many nice people too. Seems like everyone is out to give a helping hand! It’s amazing to see. It’s good to know so many good people still exist. Didn’t read through all the pages today, but I’m sure I’ll get through it some day. Good night Grannyland. I still gotta close the chickens in.
Good luck at the fair!
Hope you get a few pics.

Still danged hot outside!! Feels like 81° at 2 am. Crazy.
That sounds awful. Is it humid too?
I went to college in the central valley of CA. Summer nights were routinely in the 80s, but at least it was dry heat.

Morning. Next few days we're gonna have a cool down. Which is fine by me. Too much sun makes me irritable. It's suppose to have a rain storm on the 4th and HOPE it does happen. We have massive forest fires every year. This year we had an oddly wet spring , the grass is 5 feet tall. Then we had 100F days so a Rouge firework in tall dry grass is scary! There is plenty of idiots that don't think about it. Needless to say I hope it dumps.
We are having nice cool foggy damp mornings. That's more typical here, but it's been about 10 yrs since we've had it regularly. Really cuts down on fire danger and shortens the length of the highest temps.
Fireworks have pretty much been outlawed in CA, especially around here. Just too risky. We've lost enough.

View attachment 3171606
When standing to eat is too much effort.
She's a pure Bernese? My #2  really wants one of those.

Wait... you mean you are supposed to  eat the platform that holds the frosting?? :th

I know..fair? Good luck on everything.
Thank you. It’s been mostly fun.
Hope you get a few pics.
Yup, did get a few, my mom kindly loaned me her phone. Well technically she took these pics, but you get the idea. See what I did there Cap? I’m learning!

Here’s Chris right after the ultrasound. Chris is my brother’s.
C626D6FF-8A7A-4FEA-9BFB-FA29A231DBE0.jpeg
C12F34FF-31AA-4B15-9990-2ED1E2BE3A60.jpeg

Sadly I don’t have any pictures of Hammie without my face in it.

Here’s some random animal photos from fair. I especially took a liking to the cattle. If I had the land, I would definitely get me some cattle!
4ED7A68C-EBF3-4F6F-9564-7F85DBA30A01.jpeg
6D88DD3F-E3CB-4BAC-BA7D-D7ADEDFDFFCA.jpeg
800E2104-FF04-4565-A5E8-288E6255CE69.jpeg
33F9D020-9072-4B75-9986-70D30DDF297D.jpeg

These two were SO fat, but SO very adorable!
4D382885-CFF5-4770-8749-17B579428E09.jpeg
F3CAAF1B-27E0-4E1F-BAD9-777984F784D9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom