Granny's gone and done it again

View attachment 3243074
Gooser! What is that yellow bush?
Is it Mexican hyacinth or Mexican bird or paradise or something. I’ll have to Google lol.

Aha.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythrostemon_gilliesii
Yes they are. It's my SS that are starting to get pushy and demanding at treat time!
Sounds about right lol
And see..my SS was a sweetheart.
Oh both my ss have been awesome lovable birds but yeah. Sparkles nugget was a spoiled brat lol. Not paying attention to me? I will RUN INTO YOUR LEG LIKE A FOOL! ;) where’s my treats??
Right there with ya, sister!

Wow, they are low. How close is the fire?

She's blue, Blue! Very pretty.
Are you sure she's a Marans? Got any leg feathers?
She looks a lot like my blue Lorp.
View attachment 3243167
As the crow flies….ummm. 20-30 miles? Maybe? It’s right near the Mexico border. However, they’re low since my place is right near a calfire air attack base. Those shots they were on approach to land. I’ll have to upload a vid or two - that’ll give you the idea.

Update from calfire:

“#Border32Fire [update] The fire is now 4,243 acres and 5% contained. Fire continues to threaten the communities of Barrett, Potrero, and Tecate. Multiple agencies remain on scene fighting fire and protecting structures throughout the night. Our next update will be tomorrow morning unless there are significant changes.”

Time for bed but Oi. I’m at the point where I’m tired but I’m not. Sigh. Gotta message daisy’s mom tomorrow and find out how/when we’re doing puppers drop off. If only it wasn’t supposed to be so stinking hot!
C49B2E0D-3193-4628-A365-2D2D0DE0300D.jpeg 0F2904BC-30D0-4F9B-BAAC-A8D436D76154.jpeg

That ain’t right. That seriously ain’t right. Holy crap the rage I feel for you hun.
Yeah, its quite rough.
Again cost, damage deposits, etc. it’s daunting.
that and I don't have a single friend, besides my co-workers. Idk where I'd find a roommate, and I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone I don't already know.

I quit my old job to get more hours, they treated me like dog 💩,so I went back to my old job. I work about 30 hours a week. I'm working on saving for a car, I can't move out without a car.

what really infuriates me, is that my little sister struck a deal with my parents that they'll pay for half her car. I asked for the same deal, and I was denied.

So I'm trying to work up towards a car, but it's really hard when I have to give my parents money to live here, pay for my food, pay for my toiletries.

I'm basically already paying rent and for whatever else I need, while also getting screamed at every time I go upstairs and getting accused of eating food that's not mine, when every bodies eating MY food, not the other way around.

I spend as much time as I possibly can outside of this house, because when I come home I get yelled at for this, and for that. I'm not even allowed to use our washing machine, because I don't take my clothes out on time.. the dryer doesn't freaking work of course my stuff is going to have to sit in the washer for a extra hour when the dryer takes four cycles to dry.

Anyways my family is going out of town this weekend and I'm staying back. I need to do laundry and relax in my house, maybe get to sleep without getting interrupted for once. I get called lazy if I sleep past 11am, even though I work nights, by my mother thats unemployed. *insert eye roll here*

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, because at least I still have a roof over my head, but I work so hard and I'm constantly adjusting to be the perfect Avary for the day or the week, because everything they want from me chances daily.... I feel like I have to tiptoe around my house to avoid causing trouble. One wrong move and it's over. Something as simple as dropping a spoon on the floor and I'm yelled at. I just so badly want to catch a break.

I quit my old job to get more hours, they treated me like dog 💩,so I went back to my old job. I work about 30 hours a week. I'm working on saving for a car, I can't move out without a car.

what really infuriates me, is that my little sister struck a deal with my parents that they'll pay for half her car. I asked for the same deal, and I was denied.

So I'm trying to work up towards a car, but it's really hard when I have to give my parents money to live here, pay for my food, pay for my toiletries.

I'm basically already paying rent and for whatever else I need, while also getting screamed at every time I go upstairs and getting accused of eating food that's not mine, when every bodies eating MY food, not the other way around.

I spend as much time as I possibly can outside of this house, because when I come home I get yelled at for this, and for that. I'm not even allowed to use our washing machine, because I don't take my clothes out on time.. the dryer doesn't freaking work of course my stuff is going to have to sit in the washer for a extra hour when the dryer takes four cycles to dry.

Anyways my family is going out of town this weekend and I'm staying back. I need to do laundry and relax in my house, maybe get to sleep without getting interrupted for once. I get called lazy if I sleep past 11am, even though I work nights, by my mother thats unemployed. *insert eye roll here*
I have been in the EXACT position as you. My folks aren't bad people but they're disciplinarians. I begged my grandparents for a car because I couldn't afford one which they did give me one. I was 20 when that happened. For over a year I worked 2 jobs, paid my folks $600 a month, paid for my own gas, phone, and ALL the food.

It sucks at the time because I was living with my folks and not in my own place. I didn't move out until I was 27. Thankfully they didn't make me pay rent when we moved across the state but I contributed where I could.

Though I don't have harsh feelings towards my folks about the decision that the they made. Not only did it make me become a responsible adult, the "rent" money I gave them sincerely helped them out since it was an economic recession. Try putting yourself in their shoes. Your perspective of them will change.

Even though I moved out when I got married, the values that my folks instilled in me are applicable to this day. I now run a local business, became an independent contractor for real estate, side commission work and have another part time job that I can move up in position. Additionally, my folks taught me the value of a dollar and how important it is to spend wisely.

It may be hard now but you'll come through just fine.

Back
Top Bottom