Granny's gone and done it again

It stayed warm last night, in the 50s.
It was also very windy. We had an unpleasant surprise this morning, although it really wasn't too surprising.
Big oak went over. It's right in front of the house.
View attachment 3387175

View attachment 3387177

View attachment 3387176

So far the only damage was to the movable carport cover. Didn't tear the tarp but bent poles. The 2 cars parked under and right in front were amazingly unscathed. And no damage at all to the house foundation or walkway.
Tree keeps shifting and dropping lower. Big branches are cracking under the weight. We moved everything away in the meantime.

This just happened 30 mins ago. New crack dead center of the pic and a lower branch broke. We need some caution tape!
View attachment 3387179
Sorry, that won't be cheap to get removed!

Wishing, how much wood do y'all burn? That tree will probably keep y'all supplied for a while, huh.
Yes, it will be a lot. My dad has already volunteered to help split it. He uses it much more than we do. Our wood stove is a fireplace insert that hubs put in. It's pretty small, only intended to heat a couple rooms in the house. We only use it if temps get into low 40s.

Sorry, that won't be cheap to get removed!
That's for sure. So many trees down from all the rain the tree service folks are in high demand. It's really easy access and we will be keeping the wood, so that will save us a few $. Chipping the small stuff and cutting the trunk and big limbs into splittable rounds are what we need done.

I had fun today, at class, worked on the wheel! Made 2 mugs, a big bowl, a small bowl, and a saucer to put under a pot i made. Then tonight i worked on a life sized chicken.
In the morning i hope to work on Mel's pen. Got some cheap purple paint for the interior.
Passionate purple for Mel!

National Coffee Day GIF
Morning all

Back
Top Bottom