Granny's gone and done it again

How many do you have? I dont have chickens anymore. Predator cleaned me out.
Front flock is about 18, barn flock is around 10 last I count with like 20-25 birds either of neither or hatchery birds. Some left over from 4H project, layers/duel purpose hens from a year and half ago, and barnyard mixes that haven't put their allegiances in the two other flocks.

I uh, enjoy studying the flock dynamics :oops: sadly my barn flock hasn't been as tight knit since my old serama mix rooster passed. None of his kids or roosters from my kraienkoppe mix hen have stepped up to fill the role.

Sounds like you have plenty of eggs heading your way :wee
So far we only got the front flock finally laying somewhere accessible (new puppy igloo the puppy isn't using they moved right in.)

Barn flock and others hide and hatch the buggers :he hoping my weekend plan of taking apart pallets and building A frames will pay off. May have to trap them in there for a while but hope doing so I can collect their eggs too and maybe even hatch some out.

well guess I will say gnight. I did much better with my smokes today. Lowest count yet. I pk and 5 out of another. Hope the days ahead hold true.
Sweet dreams
:highfive: Wow. Impressive!

The 3 Sussex have red combs and wattles, so eggs should be coming soon. The 2 legbars are a little behind. Can't wait for fresh eggs again! Family thought I was nutso getting 5 chicks at the same time as the new pup. Now they are excited at the prospect of fresh eggs again. Haha... I win!

The 3 Sussex have red combs and wattles, so eggs should be coming soon. The 2 legbars are a little behind. Can't wait for fresh eggs again! Family thought I was nutso getting 5 chicks at the same time as the new pup. Now they are excited at the prospect of fresh eggs again. Haha... I win!
I miss their eggs big time. I rarely even have any eggs now.

Having a tough time with this cold. Took the covid test a couple of different times..days to make sure. Negative. I don't want Bronwyn getting sick. She has that ultrasound tomorrow to see if baby is growing ok since her uterus is smaller than it should be. Man I hope all is good. 🙏
My cold was worse than my covid.

Chicks are way easier than a puppy.

Back
Top Bottom