Granny's gone and done it again

They were in the bathroom, now they are in the garage. Can't find those either

I can't trust dimmers. I had one and it always got cranked up mysteriously. I seen this chick house on tiktok that I was thinking if trying
Really? Hmmmmmmm. Strange. I have been using one for years without any problems at all with the dimmer switch mysteriously doing anything other than what it is supposed to do. Maybe get the word out to little hands, big ones too to keep their mitts off the slide and once you have it adjusted duct tape the sucker down.

My brooder is a raised cage so all I have to do is keep the dimmer switch on top of the cage where it is at eye level for me.

Glad you found a solution, though.

Frankly, I only use heat lamps for 24-36 hours so I can keep an eye on new hatchlings and then switch over to Momma Heating Pad. While I'm using the heat lamps though, I'm using the slide dimmer with them to control the heat in the tote I use for new hatchlings. Seriously. Should give it (the heating pad) a try. Our own @Blooie here on BYC has an amazing thread about it and others have piped in to modify and improve the invention.

I was dubious at first but tried it for the first time last year on Egyptian Fayoumi chicks I hatched indoors. That thing was amazing and the chicks LOVED it. Sure made a believer out of me.

So much easier going to bed at night knowing that the chicks could adjust their own temperature without the risk of the house burning down. When they weren't under the heating pad, they were sitting on top of it, happy as clams.

Back
Top Bottom