Granny's gone and done it again

If they have had at least two vaccines usually you can do home quarantine. Some states rabies is only good for one year. They are doing tests though and are proving they most likely have lifelong immunity.
Lifelong immunity, that's what my groomer friend, who was a vet tech for about 20 years, tells me. So I didn't get Gracie's rabies shots for about 8 years. But ... I had to take her and Sammy to another groomer last year bc my friend wasn't available and guess what? Proof of current vaccinations required. So ...

She hasn't been eating here either, we tried all kinds of things. She kept cleaning her vulva, and then after a while, she would throw up. She ate a dog biscuit here, threw up all over. At least she kept drinking lots.
We threw out a lot of throw rugs. Hubby doesn't seem to believe in shampooing. Sigh.
Really hoping she can come home tomorrow. We all miss her.
Had she had a litter? How'd she get pyometra? If that's what she had ...?

Don’t forget to do the training part of it so Sammy knows where the border is and what it means to approach it!!!
The installer trains the dog, which I think is brilliant. The product is so expensive it would be ridiculous to trust the ignorant client to do the training correctly and then be dissatisfied with the product because they were using it wrong. And if we get a new dog, they will (at a cost) come and train that dog too.

Lol, i just came in after collecting eggs, feeding goats, and painting the stall gate. I hope to staple wire to it tomorrow.
I planted peas around the perimeter of four of my original garden beds today. Some can be harvested in as little as 58 days.
Lol, toldya! :lau

Great news! Mini is home! She still looks pitiful though
Poor thing, she has really lost weight. And pitiful is the word. But she is alive, and with those diseased organs out of her body she will be her beautiful healthy self again in no time!

I was worried she might die.
No doubt she came close but that's all in the rear view window now. Onward and upward!

@CapricornFarm. So glad to hear that Mini is going to be back to her Maxi self.

You will appreciate this. I got a bad tick bite. Knocked me back a bit. Got to trip down Brain Fog lane again. Yippee. Really alarming at my age when you forget what you are saying in the middle of a sentence.

I went to the doc today and he thinks it gave me a bacterial infection and my antibiotic knocked it back enough that my immune system took over. I started feeling better last night.

God I do HATE ticks. I had Lyme twice in 09-10. On antibiotics for the longest time. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...with a few exceptions, LOL.

Remember guys. DEEP WOODS OFF IS YOUR FRIEND!

@CapricornFarm. So glad to hear that Mini is going to be back to her Maxi self.

You will appreciate this. I got a bad tick bite. Knocked me back a bit. Got to trip down Brain Fog lane again. Yippee. Really alarming at my age when you forget what you are saying in the middle of a sentence.

I went to the doc today and he thinks it gave me a bacterial infection and my antibiotic knocked it back enough that my immune system took over. I started feeling better last night.

God I do HATE ticks. I had Lyme twice in 09-10. On antibiotics for the longest time. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...with a few exceptions, LOL.

Remember guys. DEEP WOODS OFF IS YOUR FRIEND!
Oh man, MC, sounds like the pits! :hugs Glad you are feeling better! I treat my clothes with permethrin spray, supposed to be good for 6 weeks, even through washings. I also wear boots outside with pants legs tucked inside and avoid tall grass like the plague. And yes, spray w Off! when outside, which I also avoid like an agoraphobic. Fraidy cat, that's me. I only have two brain cells to rub together and I'd hate to lose one to a bloody tick!

Back
Top Bottom