Granny's gone and done it again

We've found dogs being aged out of puppy mills, older dogs, 5 or 6 years old that have lived in a kennel all their lives. No thanks, you'll never be able to house train a dog like that and I don't think you can socialize them either. These were yellow labs and Golden retreivers, too, sigh.

IT seems all the dogs available are "problem" dogs that are available because someone gave them up due to behavioral issues. I don't want someone else's problem dog.
thats what I think too. The reason I think it would be best to start with a puppy

this new groomer had burns? all over Bandit. She worked super fast. I think they got too hot.
I always thought razor burns were from pressing too hard and literally sheering off the top layer of skin. Any groomers out there that can clarify for us?
Yes, MC, animals do talk. Sorry your dogs had to go through that, but good for you for listening. My vet has a new assistant, a big rough kid who is terrible with the dogs. I won't let him near my animals. I have heard him go into exam rooms with dogs and then you hear the dogs screaming. He's not going to touch my Gracie.
Any person who would be rough with or abuse an animal would do the same to a child or weaker person. Good for you. Refuse to leave the room and I agree. Tell the vet why.

If there is a lot of parvo in your area I would get an older that has been vaccinated and is over 4 months. Of course I think you are both crazy. Puppies/dogs are so much work.
Agreed. And now that bandit has been exposed he can bring it home into your house and yard. I dislike shelters and honestly most rescues around here.
My groomer wont touch my dogs now. She wanted all the shots.Kennel cough and such. I found a different groomer. She only asks for rabies shot.
I agree with that groomer. Kennel cough is contagious and spreads quickly. And if a dog has something contagious and another clients dog gets sick (or dies) they could be held liable as a business. Think how upset you'd be if bandit got sick from going to the groomer? The vet bills.

I know with as many dogs as I have if 1 would bring something like that home It'd cost me a fortune.

Back
Top Bottom