Granny's gone and done it again

When my friend grooms my dogs, she is careful not to lay the blade flat against the dog's body because the razor does get hot. She holds it at an angle so only the tip of the plastic guard is in contact with the dog.
If the blade is getting hot it needs changed out or sprayed with cooliant. It means the motor is hot and not good for the clippers. On my old cheap clippers I can't do more than 2 dogs before it gets hot.

so the Major headline on the paper today.

Dickinson crushes previous snow record.

current total snow fall for this winter SO FAR is 96.2 inches that's over EIGHT FEET. :he:barnie

March total is at 38.7 inches.
Daaaang.
They all do, then after a while they don’t.
Truth.
My groomer wont touch my dogs now. She wanted all the shots.Kennel cough and such. I found a different groomer. She only asks for rabies shot.
You know, it makes sense. It’s highly contagious and a liability issue for the groomer.
Agreed. And now that bandit has been exposed he can bring it home into your house and yard. I dislike shelters and honestly most rescues around here.

I agree with that groomer. Kennel cough is contagious and spreads quickly. And if a dog has something contagious and another clients dog gets sick (or dies) they could be held liable as a business. Think how upset you'd be if bandit got sick from going to the groomer? The vet bills.

I know with as many dogs as I have if 1 would bring something like that home It'd cost me a fortune.
^yup.

Hello from a rest stop near the grapevine. We made it past la and pulled in here just after midnight last night. Hubs is still sleeping but goose and I are just chillin - he’s already had his morning pee in all the places and poop and had his food so…he’s good.

Work was interesting. Had a migraine come on yesterday (perfect timing when I had planned on hitting up Costco after work to grab last minute provisions and tank up hubs’ vehicle - with all the rain I’ve been driving that a bit more. I just trust the newer aggressive all terrains more than big ol look like tractor tire mudders that are on my wagon, and having the 4x4 just in case is a nice security blanket.
Of course BossLady swung in late and did all the stuff she needed to do before I could go at the zero hour….oh well. Made it halfway home before needing to pull off and puke off the road. Sigh. So classy. Freaking migraine things. They suck. But good thing I didn’t go to Costco. Easier to do that off the side of the road than have a puke attack in the middle of a store…so I didn’t get all the road snacks hubs wanted buuut. Brain fog plus feeling like crap…yeah.

Fil’s wedding is kinda between Sacramento and where Goose’s breeder used to live (I’m so sad she’s on the wrong coast now, I would have no issues getting another pup from her but the cross country flight concerns me…well that and $$ right meow…) so we’re just rolling straight up to the venue today and will crash there. Whee. It’s a long haul…least our rig is solid and comfy.

Aaand a goose related photo dump.

My view this morning…
B19AA2D0-FFCB-4CA1-B82F-87D105C1F199.jpeg

A5F99206-16C1-4CA5-8435-EDD989D2FEE6.jpeg
Last night…he was gettingA Concern about a puppers outside.

C4F7D7CB-F252-4937-A4A6-60D79F3E8B21.jpeg 945F1395-2444-41CB-A376-B266B9D18A4A.jpeg E9F56ED2-AE9C-4EDA-A1EE-D9A8A9FC4F47.jpeg
(This was from last weekend when he got a playdate with his bestie)

Scene in my kitchen this morning. Temp coming up, need to adjust the humidity.
IMG_3044.JPG

12 bantam eggs. Hatch date between 18th and 20th.

Morning all. Decided after doing some soul searching that if I didn't have eggs to hatch and keep my line of resistant chicks going, I'd be giving up the fight against Marek's that I always tell people newly diagnosed to never ever do.

So okay....I love bantams so more SDW OEGBs in 18-20 days! God willing!

Agreed. And now that bandit has been exposed he can bring it home into your house and yard. I dislike shelters and honestly most rescues around here.

I agree with that groomer. Kennel cough is contagious and spreads quickly. And if a dog has something contagious and another clients dog gets sick (or dies) they could be held liable as a business. Think how upset you'd be if bandit got sick from going to the groomer? The vet bills.

I know with as many dogs as I have if 1 would bring something like that home It'd cost me a fortune.
Had 4 dogs get Kennel cough from sniffing the fence where a loose dog had peed. They were sad. Cough sounded like goose honking. all coughing up blood. Had to take one into the emergency vet so they could put them all on antibiotics. They kicked it fast but now I vaccinate for kennel cough every year.

I have a little SDW rooster who LOVES to fight with the toes of my red sloggers that have chickens printed on them.

I can just imagine the hay day he would have with those! Shoes and charms. I wouldn't have any toes left.
I always had problems with nail polish on my toes. My LF hens tried to rip my little nail off one round. I had to start wearing socks for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom