Granny's gone and done it again

The guy in the middle isn't a family member. He has red hair. Austin is first, has a red beard though, middle guy is partner, grandson is at the right.. has blond hair with a real red beard. Not sure where it comes from. 🤷‍♀️
Ireland? That's where the genes come from in hubby's family.

Funny how he keeps saying he is Amish. He left the Amish at 18. He was raised Amish but he isn’t practicing the Amish reliogon. I doubt the Amish would let him go do that. Wish I had some muscles like that girl.
We all have the same number of muscles, lol. I just have more padding.

We have 8 Dark Cornish girls and 3 White Bresse girls and 2 Delaware girls and 1 Ancona girl laying as they please. For meat birds the Dark Cornish out do themselves.
I never heard of Dark Cornish. Where did you get them? At what age do you harvest? Do they taste better than the white CornishX?

No rubber eggs today?
Yes, there were at least two in the poop trays this morning and a very wet spot that was probably a shell-less egg. I released the hen I had on the back porch in a crate, because she obviously was not the one responsible. 🙁 I'll get a bag of layer feed and see if that helps. Perhaps the juvies are not getting the memo about needing oyster shell.

I never heard of Dark Cornish. Where did you get them? At what age do you harvest? Do they taste better than the white CornishX?

Yes, there were at least two in the poop trays this morning and a very wet spot that was probably a shell-less egg. I released the hen I had on the back porch in a crate, because she obviously was not the one responsible. 🙁 I'll get a bag of layer feed and see if that helps. Perhaps the juvies are not getting the memo about needing oyster shell.
good Idea I had a dark cornish once. I really liked her. Pretty little thing.

Are you home? I used to have a few. We all made them from 1x6 but they split after about 2 years.
Did you paint them?
I am home, I took back the trailer to Danville, unloaded 2 kilns at the studio( in Danville), got a bunch of free wood at Lowes , and bought a 2x8x12 board to use to make the end boards for the last two garden beds.
Then I had supper around 7 pm. After that I planted the rest of the marigolds and mulched them.

Back
Top Bottom