grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't leave anything around for predators. I will be dam if I will feed neighborhood dogs on purpose!!! Or foxes or ferel cats...... I think I have lost somewhere near 100 chickens of all ages to predators in the last three years. Nope not feeding them any more!!

On the desktop I either view the info on the photo, or hover over the thumbnail and it tells me the size.

Anyone have experience with light brahmas? I have a 9-week old one that I've spent a month thinking was a roo. But compared the the same-aged sussex, I'm not sure at all.

I thought my cats would eat it. they eat mice all the time. I dont mind feeding the crows. I like those birds. Can you picture a crow carrying the head around then dropping it at someones feet ?
lau.gif

I read something that said you could sex Brahmas young by their hackle feathers. If the tips are rounded, pullet. If sharply pointed, cockerel (don't confuse the feather shape with the pointy black pattern). Someone knew males from females at 5 wks. Seem unlikely, but worth a try. They mature so slowly.

The face and tiny little wattles on yours are still pretty pale. I think the chances are good it's a pullet. At least 50-50!
lau.gif
hide.gif

I too agree on a pullet, my fingers are crossed for you :fl

I too read in my monthly poultry mag that some breeds you can sex from the shape of the feathers. Im not sure what breeds it said, I will have to dig it out and check. Something's go in my head when I read them but don't always stay there!!

I've put 2 pics in for the calendar but I'm not sure now if they are the right size, will the iPad have a certain size pic it takes? :idunno

Camping I have had light brahma's for 3 or 4 years. It looks like a pullet to me BUT they tend to be really really late bloomers. I have had some pushing a year before I knew they were roo's that's the problem with 75 plus brahma's . OR it might be a drag rooster. HOnestly tho I 'm thinking pullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom