grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to do that with my first. I was pretty sure she'd be fine in there forever.

She had other ideas.

When people asked if I was ready (to deliver) I'd say "ready or not!" and start crying.

aww, first babies are traumatic.    I wish you had these Camping. I dont want to keep them.   Do you know the temps in the broodies ? I wonder if its too hot for the eggs ?

Our heat index was 105. We have a heat advisory for tomorrow, heat index of 105-110. I'll candle tonight and see. If anyone pestered the eggs Ruby would run over and jump back on the nest. I didn't bother the other two until I noticed one had kicked two more eggs out. If they end up killing all their eggs maybe I'll buy some chicks for them. :D

Our heat index was 105. We have a heat advisory for tomorrow, heat index of 105-110. I'll candle tonight and see. If anyone pestered the eggs Ruby would run over and jump back on the nest. I didn't bother the other two until I noticed one had kicked two more eggs out. If they end up killing all their eggs maybe I'll buy some chicks for them.
big_smile.png

that is HOT ! you might find fried or over easy when you candle. Hope not. I wouldnt thing heat index would effect the embryos as they are not really breathing air yet but I dont know that for sure.

Our heat index was 105. We have a heat advisory for tomorrow, heat index of 105-110. I'll candle tonight and see. If anyone pestered the eggs Ruby would run over and jump back on the nest. I didn't bother the other two until I noticed one had kicked two more eggs out. If they end up killing all their eggs maybe I'll buy some chicks for them. :D

that is HOT !  you might find fried or over easy when you candle. Hope not. I wouldnt thing heat index would effect the embryos as they are not really breathing air yet but I dont know that for sure.

Temp was 93 at 3 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom