grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! sauteing onions and celery now.
Tippy I have had any homemade chicken n dumplings in a while. Boy that sounds good.

Sometimes you can, but 6 weeks is more common.  It depends on the shape of the comb and feather color pattern.  A pullet will have a single low ridge running down the center of the comb.  Cockerels have a more puffed up, fatter comb.  Look at camping's EE chicks a few pages back.  That's what a male comb looks like.

I help out on this thread a lot.
Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Sorry, don't know nothing 'bout no keets! 
Thanks wishing. I'll check this thread out

Red, back away from the broody, she knows what she is doing! :love
but tippy its so hard . She looks at me as she saying you stupid stupid man. I'll peck your eyes out if you don't leave me alone. I guess I'm so worried because it's my first and it's her first time too. I got her in March as a chick.

Last edited:
I couldn't help myself. I needed to clean the poop from underneath the broody so I made her get up. I was hoping she'd grab a little food or water but nope. So as I moved the poop, she was right back on the eggs. Maybe I need to go broody and lose some weight. Pearl would probably just let me sit there in my own poo though.

when my hen was broody i never bothered her.i made sure there was food and water close by.i didn't even candle the eggs.she hatched all the eggs and was a great mommy.

when my hen was broody i never bothered her.i made sure there was food and water close by.i didn't even candle the eggs.she hatched all the eggs and was a great mommy.
I candled the last night and for the most part they all looked good. I know I've got to make myself leave her alone. Can you imagine me right before my son was born lol?

Red, you don't need any special sort of plant to grow bonsai.  It is the method of growing and trimming that makes them look that way.  Ones that are started are expensive because it takes a long time to grow them to look like old trees.  Years!   Some plants work better than others to get the right effect. Sometimes people go out and look for an old tree that has been naturally stunted, dig it up, trim the roots, and plop it in a shallow pot.  Gives them a head start, but it will still take years to perfect it.  There is a bonsai show near us every year, and I know my hubs has some pics I could show you later.   That, and you were asking about drive through redwoods.  Sounds like you like trees!  Bonsai would be good hobby.  Your public library should have some books about it. 
Thanks wishing. I will definitely be doing some research on that . I do love older looking trees. When I use to deer hunt a lot, I'd sit and just look at all the nature. I love it! Always said I was born to be in my climber in a tree. I can do that no more much at all. I really miss it. Now on the rare days that I feel like going, I have to stay grouded. Still enjoy all the natural and wildlife. You just can't get a view on the ground like you can in the trees.

The very best view is laying on the ground and looking up.

I candled the last night and for the most part they all looked good. I know I've got to make myself leave her alone. Can you imagine me right before my son was born lol?

How often did you candle then?

THANK YOU for all the well wishes ! the cards were great and wishing, you know how many times I pushed that little box ? hehehee
we went to 2 flea markets today, (no yard sales) and KFC drive through. you know how hard it is to eat mashed with the steering wheel as a table ? It was good though. had 2 brats with us. I found a pond pump
celebrate.gif
Nice one too. came with an outside filter ,all the hose and extra filter and bio balls. I checked the pump best I can with no water . sounded ok. All for the low price of $25. I was planning on filling my pond in when I could because I have bought 2 pumps in 3 yrs. and they are close to $200 each for the size i need. I wont run it til spring now but I have it . Also bought 2 vases for all these silk flowers and grasses I have laying around here. oriental for just a couple bucks each. Thats it. wore me out .

So Red, on the ovations. someone ,(a friend of the pictures owner) made a crack about owner (Sally) and is getting a lot of ovations. up to 12 last check. thats why they said they are catching up to wishing because she has 16 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom