grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
goodnight !
frow.gif

Hi granny,
Wish I was closer to help you out. No wonder you are so overwhelmed, you just have way too much going on. It has to be exhausting for you just to take care of the 3 of you each day with all the appointments you all have. Really sorry that your sons worker that you went to bat for had to find a higher paying job. Some days life just sucks & isn't fair!

Broke my heart to read about your nieces baby, so glad to hear that she is doing ok after all. If my daughter would have had a daughter instead of a son on Sunday. They would have named her Chloe. Its a beautiful name, I pray she will be ok.

I think your on the right track with the sickly birds. It will be better for you and they won't suffer. I would have done the same thing with the eggs your gs brought in. Enola's crock pot treatment sounds like a good idea. I've got some older hens that need retiring as well. Great use ~ a way to beef up their protein as some are going into a molt.

Spent the day staining 2 coops & 2 Lg broody suites. Just have the large coop left, then I can start on the decks. Tomorrow I gotta get some raspberry jam made, then back to staining.

Going to call it a night, sweet dreams and I hope you have a better day tomorrow. hugs

caught up again. Got all the hay cut with the sickle mower that's gonna get cut this year. Hit something dead with the mower OMG did it reek and then was stuck in the sickles uffda Silly Beth has no fear of the mower and I bent the pto shaft of the mower today when she came running over I thought she was gonna guiliteen herself hit the lift button and got the mower up over her head of course screaming and yelling the whole time so she stop turns around and goes off to chase a butterfly. "stoopid dog"

part 2 as byc decided to go into not responding mode again. Granny I have a big cast iron pot up here we called it a rendering or lard kettle. Got it at an auction for 15.00 the one at an auction 2 weeks earlier went for over 400.00 using chicken math that mean's I made 385.00. We use it when we wack a bunch of chickens. HOt tub treatment for feathers LOL Haven't gotten and piglets (aka bacon seed) to raise yet but they are on my list. Caught Beth railroad tieing ( aka treeing) a kitten today and Beth got in deep trouble she went slinking off. Busy pouncing grasshoppers when one land she pounces and 6 other ones take off really confuses her.

Good night all and sweet dreams and fuzzies hot or cold you choice.

Cross posted from Louisiana trip:

I'm having problems with my rooster. He jumped up and spurred me a few days ago when I handled a young rooster. Today I was walking around with my dog and the roo jumped up and spurred her in the haunches. She was heeled up to me and not bothering anything. So I wonder if he's just feeling extra protective because the flock is so big now? Is he feeling extra hormonal because of all the young roos coming up? I don't want to trim his spurs down because they free range, but they're almost longer than his toes now.

I guess I just feel bad for my dog because she's already pretty timid. She tucked tail and ran to the porch and then jumped up against the door until I let her in. She's a weimrador, half lab and half weimaraner.

im getting rid of my roo friday..he scares the other hens to death .. mean to little ones tears their feathers out.. i lock him up alone if i have to be gone i'm afraid he will kill them ... so one of dh friends is taking him..

The soup pot cures that type of problem every time....

x2 no mean roos allowed. I am able to walk up to mine and scoop him up with not a peep from him and thats a good boy ! the other one or 2 lol ignore me and i them. they are not keepers.

part 2 as byc decided to go into not responding mode again. Granny I have a big cast iron pot up here we called it a rendering or lard kettle. Got it at an auction for 15.00 the one at an auction 2 weeks earlier went for over 400.00 using chicken math that mean's I made 385.00. We use it when we wack a bunch of chickens. HOt tub treatment for feathers LOL Haven't gotten and piglets (aka bacon seed) to raise yet but they are on my list. Caught Beth railroad tieing ( aka treeing) a kitten today and Beth got in deep trouble she went slinking off. Busy pouncing grasshoppers when one land she pounces and 6 other ones take off really confuses her.

Good night all and sweet dreams and fuzzies hot or cold you choice.

great deal on the pot !! I think i seen one here for 100 but it was cracked. haha flowers only. I would like to know what it takes to crack one of thoses. Beth sounds like so much fun !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom