(Graphic) Eggtopsy of a day 24 call duck egg

FunnyfarmMidwest

Call Duck obsessed! 🦆💕
Mar 14, 2020
This is going to be a graphic post for some but maybe some will find it interesting.

I frequently hatch call ducklings and am experienced in assisting them. 24 days ago I started my journey with my first Show Quality call duck eggs. I candle often to check for bruises or internal pips.

When doing my check/candle this morning, I noticed that all the veins had receded from this little one. It had movement and was alive earlier yesterday. No movement so I removed it from the incubator. This one has always had a much smaller air cell than the others. I assume it didn’t lose enough moisture.

Upon opening I noticed an abundance of clear fluid. I also noticed that there was what looked to be a blood clot by the bill. I’m not sure if that occurred premortem or postmortem. The baby was in the right position but never broke through the membrane. It had a small little bill. Such a shame but I’m excited for the others to hatch. These will all be white call ducks.
1DF4AF5A-F5F9-4C64-A9C2-726CE1A08F62.jpeg
617EC2A4-C2C7-493C-89E2-A668DB29F1CE.jpeg
DEA55BE7-6E30-4BA0-A874-A0BB0B1B45F4.jpeg
FAAEABFB-8E21-40BF-89E3-3BB957524989.jpeg
D7774659-C04F-4207-8DCE-02A519F86E61.jpeg
2711FC3B-9D03-4E1E-AF56-8F4F1DEB143D.jpeg

Thank you. It definitely is worth it in the end, I have two healthy Calls running around my yard! 💜

That’s awesome!!! I wouldn’t be able to resist too! I have show quality Indian Runners and I definitely can’t wait to hatch their babies!! Where did you get your show quality Call ducks? I’ve been looking for show quality, but haven’t found anyone who had them.
Sure is! I’d love to see some pictures of your calls! :love

Thank you! I recently hatched out some SQ penciled runner ducklings. That was a lot of fun. I’m looking foreword to seeing how they turn out.

I got my pair from Dennis Fuller over in Iowa. Very honest guy and has beautiful birds. I highly recommend him. I am very pleased with my pair. Maybe try Cindy Rusk too, she is very nice. :)

Here is Dennis’s site: https://wapsiwaterfowl.webs.com/

Here is my pair, pictures just don’t do them justice 😍:
89FB4CD9-3BBA-448E-92BC-7B796EBA8768.jpeg
6227937B-133B-40ED-A286-61B2918D8BF1.jpeg

Thank you. It is always sad but part of hatching right. :hmm

I can’t wait for the others to hatch!! :love:pop
Your welcome! It is definitely the sad part about hatching, I had 3 call ducks set to hatch and 2 of them did, the 3rd one didn’t because he was in the wrong position and couldn’t pip or get any air.

Yeah! I can’t wait for you 😂 I love hatching and can’t wait till spring to hatch more from my flock!!!!

Your welcome! It is definitely the sad part about hatching, I had 3 call ducks set to hatch and 2 of them did, the 3rd one didn’t because he was in the wrong position and couldn’t pip or get any air.

Yeah! I can’t wait for you 😂 I love hatching and can’t wait till spring to hatch more from my flock!!!!
Sorry you lost one of yours. They sure are difficult to hatch. Well worth it in the end though! ❤️

I was going to wait till spring lol. My new show quality calls started laying and I simply couldn’t resist! :wee

Sorry you lost one of yours. They sure are difficult to hatch. Well worth it in the end though! ❤️

I was going to wait till spring lol. My new show quality calls started laying and I simply couldn’t resist! :wee
Thank you. It definitely is worth it in the end, I have two healthy Calls running around my yard! 💜

That’s awesome!!! I wouldn’t be able to resist too! I have show quality Indian Runners and I definitely can’t wait to hatch their babies!! Where did you get your show quality Call ducks? I’ve been looking for show quality, but haven’t found anyone who had them.

Sure is! I’d love to see some pictures of your calls! :love

Thank you! I recently hatched out some SQ penciled runner ducklings. That was a lot of fun. I’m looking foreword to seeing how they turn out.

I got my pair from Dennis Fuller over in Iowa. Very honest guy and has beautiful birds. I highly recommend him. I am very pleased with my pair. Maybe try Cindy Rusk too, she is very nice. :)

Here is Dennis’s site: https://wapsiwaterfowl.webs.com/

Here is my pair, pictures just don’t do them justice 😍: View attachment 2955580View attachment 2955581
I’ll post pictures of mine here soon!!

Wow! They are gorgeous!!! 😍
I’m definitely going to look into them!!

Back
Top Bottom