*GRAPHIC PHOTOS*Necropsy help? What am I looking at

Well, she didn't have FLHS yet! Or as you said there would have been blood in her abdominal cavity.
I suspect it was a low protein, high fat diet that caused FLS along with her starting to lay. Don't know for sure but if this pic is any indication that a high fat diet was unwittingly given, it could well be the reason!
IMG_4529.jpg

Well, she didn't have FLHS yet! Or as you said there would have been blood in her abdominal cavity.
I suspect it was a low protein, high fat diet that caused FLS along with her starting to lay. Don't know for sure but if this pic is any indication that a high fat diet was unwittingly given, it could well be the reason!
View attachment 3716338
The bsfl were to entice her to eat and she didn’t she just flung them all over the cage. They don’t get them often. She was never really a snacky bird compared to the others

Also I want to make it clear I’m not disagreeing with FLS, her liver literally disintegrated in my hand. But it’s not caused by their diet. I’m not finding much on other causes. Problematic since literal hatch. Actually before hatch for that matter, problematic since pip.

Also I want to make it clear I’m not disagreeing with FLS, her liver literally disintegrated in my hand. But it’s not caused by their diet. I’m not finding much on other causes. Problematic since literal hatch. Actually before hatch for that matter, problematic since pip.
It sounds like she just may have had something wrong with her from hatch. I'm guessing liver issues based on the posts here. I had a kitten that was born with abnormally small kidneys, and he died at just over 1 year due to renal failure. It sucks, but sometimes there's just something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom