Graphic Pic Alert!!*UPDATE* Back under the knife!!11/10/09

I don't know....Mostly just that big hard knob at the side of the vent that seems to be just the proud flesh...maybe secondary to the gleet...I just don't know. It's a very healthy robust chicken....not sickly...was eating well till I started hacking on it
roll.png

Sounds like you have a medical background and are doing just what I would do. Just my opinion but I would give the antibiotics time to work and maybe tomorrow give her another bath with Hibiclenz in the water. Cut off any feathers that could dip into the wound so they don't hamper healing. Cover the area with neosporin (with out pain relief ingredient).

Keeping her separate with the heat lamp is perfect. The antibiotics are very important. Tomorrow the swelling should be down a bit and you can get a better idea of what you are dealing with.

Beat of luck. I think she is in very good hands.

Thanks Purple...it has been very stressful.

Finished debriding and used peroxide and iodine tea....Poor thing...she's a tough stuffski.....going to give her some Metacam for pain...and electrolytes in her water. She gives me the stinkeye when she sees me comin' that's for sure...
wink.png

She's up and eating!! I wanted to give her a special treat and a friend says her hennies love marshmallows...So I took a mini marshmallow and broke it up into teeny pieces and she went crackers....I thought a miraculous healing had occured!! I'll let y'all know tomorrow how she's doing.... She's a good egg...or was.

Im so glad I was getting ready for bed and had to check and see how she was doing--you cut more out huh? I know it sounds grusome but I would love to see pictures -like as she heals so we can see what to look for ???? Cant wait to hear an even better update tomorrow:) keep up the good work!!!

Back
Top Bottom