Graphic Pic Alert!!*UPDATE* Back under the knife!!11/10/09

Good job so far, like to add would try to keep her in the dark most of the time. Reason to keep her from laying eggs untill she has heal. Just give her light to eat and drink, this will also keep her from going into a molt.

Wow...all I can say is wow...God really blessed me here...

Today she is up and eating....made her a high protien lunch with egg, honey, farina and olive oil, she's had Rooster Booster and poly-visol (without iron). She went out and laid in the sun and munched grass and piddled around in the back yard. Now she is back in her cage in the garage. She still doesn't like me much...and doesn't want to walk alot. But she is moving better and I stay on her to keep her motivated. I will post some pics of the vent soon....it looks angry, but not infected and iot doesn't stink anymore...Hubby laughs at me for sniffing a chicken but...but she just smells like feathers now!!! YAY! Hope it stays that way!!

Thanks you guys for all your help...it made all the difference.

It was tough doing all that cutting...! But hopefully it was for a good end...(no pun intended
big_smile.png
)

OK...had to go back and cut out more...didn't want to do it originally, because...well...it's the vent...This time I took off everything that was swollen, looked iffy or was even close! She may end up pooping out her belly button.....she is tough...don't know how she stood it.....She is a good girl. I wish I had a magic wand...

ETA: I finally found a cottage cheese pocket...hope that was all of it...I had her under the spray and rinsed everything and it was all open and bleeding freely... Now for a stiff drink.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom