GRAPHIC PICS of my day learning to caponize

Pics
Not sure where yas are purchasing your caponizing equipment or what it costs but McMurray's sells them. These are the ones I used and everything you need is included. Also has an instruction manuel. I think they run like 51 bux for the whole set.

Not sure where yas are purchasing your caponizing equipment or what it costs but McMurray's sells them. These are the ones I used and everything you need is included. Also has an instruction manuel. I think they run like 51 bux for the whole set.

Some use those I think a lot are really liking the Chinese Capon set mostly for the awesome retractor. Others have been repurposing human or vet retractors and equipment that looks like it will work, like the gelpi and I can't think of the other one but it is 4.5 blunt and has 3 teeth on one side and 4 on the other.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Krause-Nasa...322?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e86219f6a
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KRAUSE-Nasa...449?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d9ffbd71

Would these torture devices be considered the fancy version of the straw and wire design? Also how does one go about making the straw and wire thing?

Insert the bent ( but not crimped) wire bent end first into the straw until the loop comes out the end. Staple the straw lengthwise in the middle making sure one wire is on each side of the staple. Make sure the wire is long enough to have a loop at one end and tails you can grab and use at the other end.

Looks painful
The ones I did were young and they didn't seem like they even felt it. Just layed there lookin around. Once it was done and I unhooked em n sat em down they just scampered off n started eatin n drinkin like nothing even happened. Hmmm.. come to think of it, from that day on that's all they ever wanted to do was eat..LOL. Ended up with 10 of the best eatin chickens (barred rocks) that I ever had ;)

Most every one I've done or watched have been the same, just laying and looking around like nothing was happening. A few of the very flighty birds that don't like to be handled were more vocal and trying to get away, but I think it was more stressful for them to be handled and restrained than anything.

Last edited:
Insert the bent ( but not crimped) wire bent end first into the straw until the loop comes out the end. Staple the straw lengthwise in the middle making sure one wire is on each side of the staple. Make sure the wire is long enough to have a loop at one end and tails you can grab and use at the other end.
Wow I thought it would be a lot harder to do! Thanks!

Are they mainly for just grabbing his 'man hood' or are they used to completely cut it out? When I did it the year before last my biggest issue was getting ahold of it. Trying to find a new device of some sort to make it go quicker.

Are they mainly for just grabbing his 'man hood' or are they used to completely cut it out? When I did it the year before last my biggest issue was getting ahold of it. Trying to find a new device of some sort to make it go quicker.

It is to surround and remove the manhood w/ less chance of knicking or injuring the blood vessels in the area.

Back
Top Bottom