Quick update :) She's still doing great, for a couple of days she had trouble keeping her balance but as of this morning she is scratching around like her old self, my heart is so happy. I didnt know about the -ocaine toxicity, thank you for that! The pain relief/disinfecting ointment I was using had something ocaine in it, I got rid of it xp I figured out that she won't pick at it as much if I use skin colored wrap, I can sleep better now :) Thanks again for your help!

Huge kudos to you holding out hope for her you have to realize the site may want to keep your videos and such for others going through such a thing

Could you go to the vet to get some tetracycline ?
Some Neosporin or triple antibiotic ointment on the wound would be a good idea.
tetracycline is insufficient for this type of injury. If you can get to a vet for the antibiotic do so (he may give baytril or other injection)
You won’t be spending big money on it either! It should cost around 20 dollars.

Wow, awesome job! Kudos to you for giving it a shot. I’m not sure if you’re still looking for answers to your questions so if not, ignore this. :)

For germ control the temperature of the room would actually be lowered. That’s why hospitals are always frigid. A higher temp might make her feel better but wouldn’t help or hinder much either way.

Colloidal silver is worthless, imho. I’ve read enough scientific articles (from people who arent trying to sell it to me) to have decided it’s at best snake oil, and at worst potentially harmful. But to each their own.

I’m super curious what you meant when you kept saying “tie?” Did you use some sort of thread to “sew” pieces together or did you literally make a loop and knot everything to the bone? And what did you use to do it?
I’m sure you’re already aware, but if not, this wound is at huge risk for bone and blood infection. Watch that exposed bone for any sort of softness or discoloration.. it needs to come off fully if it starts rotting. Keep an eye out for black spider veins coming from the wound too. I sincerely hope neither happens because both are virtually a death sentence in this case. If it heals and the bone is still exposed, it needs to be covered somehow.
That being said, the last picture looked REALLY good! Nice granulation coming in. You might want to look into sugar wrapping for the remainder of her healing, it would really help the exposed muscle. Flesh will only die and slough off if it has no blood supply, and due to the ripped nature of the wound (and depending on what you mean by “tied”), that will almost definitely happen as it heals. Again, a sugar wrap would help with granulating in new tissue and avoiding the massive skin loss that can happen when it starts to die. The tricky part is avoiding infection, but you already know that.

Anyways, keep us updated! This is, indeed, fascinating! Plus, who knows who you’re helping out in the future with similar problems. Thanks for the photos:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom