gray flaked oyster shell - where to find?

CoriM

Crowing
Jun 6, 2019
For the past year I have had trouble finding this - it seems to be out of stock almost everywhere. I used to be able to get a 50# bag for about $25 and now I can only find 4# bags for almost $10 - yikes! Anyone have a good source?

@Overo Mare we were just talking about this not very long ago! Tagging you in case someone shares the flaked oyster shell honey hole location.

As difficult as it is to find this stuff, maybe we should start talking in code so any discovered reliable sources aren't over run with hoards of BYC members looking for the same thing. This is like trying to find the sold out hottest toy of the year on Christmas eve, year round edition.
I'm kidding, kind of...

Wow that is pricey! I get my oyster shells from someone who sells shellfish. Granted, I live in Florida, so this may be easier said than done depending on your location.
Me too! Florida is so great.
For the past year I have had trouble finding this - it seems to be out of stock almost everywhere. I used to be able to get a 50# bag for about $25 and now I can only find 4# bags for almost $10 - yikes! Anyone have a good source?
And good luck with your search! That price increase is insane!

Thanks Kale, I'll check there! Do you remember if they carry the gray flakey ones? My ducks won't eat the white pebble ones :(
Yeah! It was the gray flakey kind! My little snobs won't eat the white pebbles either. This was a couple years ago, though. I buy it on chewy.com now, it's more expensive there but my snobs like it even better.

Back
Top Bottom