Runner ducks + eggs + winter

FNF

Chirping
Jul 2, 2023
Hello duck owners - I have three female runners that are a few days away from 20 weeks old, so seemingly on the cusp of being in the egg-laying age range. However, it’s also almost December and we are in western VA so it’s chilly and obviously days are getting quite short. Has anyone experienced their ladies laying at this time of year or should we expect spring for the first eggs? Should I provide free choice oyster shell/calcium just in case? They are currently eating Mazuri waterfowl maintenance food. Thanks!

It's hard to say when they might lay My first ones were hatched in late April so they started laying at 4.5 months old and laid for 18 months straight right through winter.
I would def put out oyster shell for them they will use it when they need it.

Now of course we need some pictures.

Last edited:
It's hard to say when they might lay My first ones were hatched in late April so they started laying at 4.5 months old and laid for 18 months straight right through winter.

No of course we need some pictures

No of course we need some pictures.
Thank you!

I have so many pictures🤣

Attachments

• IMG_4712.jpeg
    IMG_4712.jpeg
    363.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4382.jpeg
    IMG_4382.jpeg
    274.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4050.jpeg
    IMG_4050.jpeg