GRAZER

They stay out only mid June to mid september at the latest.
In mid summer heat they tend to hang out in the shade but otherwise they were active the entire time.

Thought I would weigh in. We raised 50 grazers this year but we messed up and didn't feed them the right food so they didn't gain a whole lot of weight. We decided to keep the hens based on the previous post that they were good egg layers, and I have to say they are egg laying dynamos! They have only been laying for about a month, but they have hardly skipped a beat. They lay pale pink/cream eggs.
They also have a nice disposition.

Mine are about 24 wks now, some started laying at 17, which is unbelievable really. I now have about 7 of the 9 laying everyday and I have a rooster. The eggs are better than the Isa Browns, in my opinion. Bright orange yolks. I have 1 slightly broody hen, but she is getting better.

We wintered 3 hens over, 2 are broody and sitting on eggs, very protective of he nest. I mentioned before the eggs were white, they were a creamy white (tannish) large.

I am guessing we will have some chicks in a few days. We did incubate 6 eggs to see if they were fertile and they are, all six hatched
Did your Berg Grazer chicks turn out to be true Berg Grazer chickens? Same qualities? Just wondering if I should keep a rooster and some hens so I can hatch my own next year for butchering!

Back
Top Bottom