** GRAZING FRAME/BOX! Salad bar for chickens! (DIY video!) **

Love the idea! I still have to build my runs and I think I will install a few of these at the end of the runs.

Where do you get hardware cloth? I think that is what you called it. Is that just really small holed wire mesh?

Love the idea! I still have to build my runs and I think I will install a few of these at the end of the runs.

Where do you get hardware cloth? I think that is what you called it. Is that just really small holed wire mesh?

Do a search on here for hardware cloth. You'll find numerous threads and places where people buy it cheaper than your local hardware store.

Love the idea!  I still have to build my runs and I think I will install a few of these at the end of the runs. 

Where do you get hardware cloth?  I think that is what you called it.  Is that just really small holed wire mesh?

You can get it at most hardware stores like Home Depot. Yes, it is just wiremesh with smaller holes:) Just make sure the holes are big enough for the stuff you plan to come through and for the chicken to walk on.

I never thought of it that way. If the wood lasts only a couple of years, it's cheaper than using something more expensive that will last 10 years.

Agreed:) These are just kind of expendable but they will last for a long time!

I know a lot of members have mentioned a website called Wayfair where they said it was cheaper to buy there than locally. Another the other day mentioned Meynards, but I am not familar with that store. Also, look up wireclothman.com. If they have a place (manufacturing plant or warehouse) near you, you can pick it up and save the shipping. I bought a ton of different sized wire roll products and got them for 1/2 of what I would have paid locally. I bought welded wire, but their hardware cloth is real cheap too.

I made one with the siding left over from the new coop. It's 4'X 4' and 6" high with a brace at 2'. The composite siding is supposed to weather well. Time will decide.
I stapled hex cloth to the top sides and the brace. I worry about the staples holding if they all hop up at once.
Walmart had a sale on 10 lbs of Rye grass seed for 4 bucks. Hope they like it. Hope 6" isn't too tall.

Last edited:
Here is all my updates on this grazing frame:)

Frame 1

[VIDEO]

Frame 2

[VIDEO]

Frame 3

[VIDEO]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom