Great big egg layers

I have two RIR and two EE. My EE I get an egg every couple of days but, my RIR has been laying consistently everyday. Mine have been really mild temper but, definitely run the roost. Very sweet birds and when they are laying they are super mellow.

How could you pass up this face:
hugs.gif

96937_shot_1314054861772.jpg

Quote:
Yoie, I've been thinking like colby318 but bigger, if you get BR (great breed), Welsummers and you already have EE, and put Welsummer roos over all of them you'll get olive egger chicks, pure Welsummers and make your own Black Sexlinks from the BR. Just a thought. Boy is it fun doing chicken math with somebody else's flock!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
That's a pretty great idea! You could keep your white layers seperate if you wanted. That would cut down on pens needed, also.

Ok, I've been looking up so many different chicken breeds
big_smile.png
I was wondering if anyone had experience with Production Blacks? Of what I could find they are like a barred leghorn? Has anyone had these, and if so what is their temperment? How are they in the heat/cold? Eggsize? Pics?
big_smile.png

I have a Golden Buff hen (Red Sex Link etc...) that lays HUGE golden brown eggs. Some are almost "purple-ish". I'm going to order somemore of them next spring. My egg costumers LOVE her eggs!
thumbsup.gif
Blue Andalusiasn, and Brown Leghorns are both good white egg layers.

Orpingtons are Good layers of large brown eggs.

FBCM, BCM, Welsummers, are all good dark brown egg layers.

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom