Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes forcible rape and Aggravated Assault are higher in Texas then Calif.

Yes, but at least Texas actually uses the death penalty and does not have it for show so our law enforcement can pretend like they are actually tough on crime.

Here, we punish our criminals, we do not let them die a ripe old age on death row at taxpayer expense, while letting them give press interviews to their deranged fans.

In short, we run an actual criminal justice system, not an old age home for the criminally insane, unlike California.

Last edited:
Yes, but at least Texas actually uses the death penalty and does not have it for show so our law enforcement can pretend like they are actually tough on crime.

Here, we punish our criminals, we do not let them die a ripe old age on death row at taxpayer expense, while letting them give press interviews to their deranged fans.

In short, we run an actual criminal justice system, not an old age home for the criminally insane, unlike California.

The trouble with Texas and the death penalty is that they are only too happy to execute people that are innocent. And to make it worse the authorities do everything possible to stonewall investigations that may find evidence to exonerate the condemned.

The trouble with Texas and the death penalty is that they are only too happy to execute people that are innocent. And to make it worse the authorities do everything possible to stonewall investigations that may find evidence to exonerate the condemned.

Frankly I like some of Texas ideals. I think to save the taxpayers alot of money we should abandon all death penalty cases EXCEPT for the Texas "Death Express Lane." Which is where Texas says if 3 or more witnesses saw you do whatever you did, you go to the front of the execution line. This cuts out alot of red tape appeals and gets right to the point. If the 3 witnesses all lied then they can face perjury an manslaughter charges. I think it would free up alot of court resources and send a clear message that if you commit a heinous crime you will die within 1 year.

Innocent men dying on death row is a serious problem. I think we should have higher standards of proof to be able to use the penalty, because there have been more than a handful that were later cleared on DNA evidence.

Ted Bundy swore he did not kill Katherine Merry Devine, although for years he was credited with her murder. Later, DNA evidence proved that another beast, William E. Cosden, was her killer.

The point is also that we should not rush to pin victims to anyone, even those who tend to be incredibly guilty of multiple murders like Bundy, without solid proof.

Even confessions have turned out to be false before, for example in JonBenet Ramsey's case.

However, I do prefer ones that are blatantly guilty of extreme wrong doing where the evidence has been lost or is impossible to obtain, for example in the case of Franklin Delano Floyd, to be killed swiftly and preferably without mercy.

An entire trailer of evidence in his case was stolen in his case and everyone knows he is guilty of unspeakable things that make him a worth candidate for an express lane meeting with Old Sparky, which they no longer use, but you know what I mean.

I know that criminals are not all that is wrong with California, but I do not want to harp too harshly, as California would be a great place to be if it just did not have the problems it has currently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom