Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis, at first glance, it appears that FATCA wouldn't be a problem for most US citizens, but then again, the devil is in the details. If you order parts from a non complying nation, thirty per cent of the value of the payment would be withheld. I don't think the vendor in China is going to like that.

I have to wonder about all of those folks in Israel who were either born in the US, married someone from the US, or had a parent or grandparent that was a US citizen or held a green card. Not only is their financial business affairs going to be supplied to the US government, they are going to owe the US government taxes.

Banks will have to examine all of their accounts to determine who can be linked to the US.

Banks out of this country are now closing the accounts of US citizens and businesses. The reporting requirements are too onerous for them. They must report all transactions, balances and histories of those identified as being susceptible to US taxation. The reports must be in English.

I am afraid the tail is wagging the dog again.

Who is going to buy and sell stuff to the US with such a mess of paperwork? It would be a lot easier and cheaper to deal with China or Hong Kong. Now, when US workers lose their jobs because of this FATCA, how many do you think would be affected?

Your benefits would be the same. The only difference would be where you receive your treatment.
The government could sell all the V.A. facilities, you still would get the same benefits at whatever cost you are paying now.

Your premium would be the same as now, and your deductible would be the same as now.

Dennis, you didn't answer the question. How much is your premium and how big is your deductible? Remember, this will probably go up in the future.

Obamacare wasn't crafted for people like you and I. It was designed to cover those that don't buy health insurance and those with pre existing conditions. We were included just to pay the bills of those who didn't have health insurance, never worked and never paid taxes.

Like I said, let's examine the situation the same time next year. Let's see how you feel about it then.

Dennis, at first glance, it appears that FATCA wouldn't be a problem for most US citizens, but then again, the devil is in the details. If you order parts from a non complying nation, thirty per cent of the value of the payment would be withheld. I don't think the vendor in China is going to like that.

I have to wonder about all of those folks in Israel who were either born in the US, married someone from the US, or had a parent or grandparent that was a US citizen or held a green card. Not only is their financial business affairs going to be supplied to the US government, they are going to owe the US government taxes.

Banks will have to examine all of their accounts to determine who can be linked to the US.

Banks out of this country are now closing the accounts of US citizens and businesses. The reporting requirements are too onerous for them. They must report all transactions, balances and histories of those identified as being susceptible to US taxation. The reports must be in English.

I am afraid the tail is wagging the dog again.

Who is going to buy and sell stuff to the US with such a mess of paperwork? It would be a lot easier and cheaper to deal with China or Hong Kong. Now, when US workers lose their jobs because of this FATCA, how many do you think would be affected?

Well how many parts are ordered from financial institutions in China that cost over $10,000 ?

The 30% is only to payments to financial institutions over $10,000. So I don't really see it effecting to many people.
It would only be an impediment U.S. persons or businesses buying from other countries, it has no effect on persons or businesses buying U.S. products.
Now if the law makes it more convenient for American persons and businesses to buy domestic products, I have no problem with that. Don't you think that will create more U.S. jobs ?

Sometimes the details show that there isn't a devil after all.

Quote:
What is your premium to the V.A. ? Your payment would be the same, it would only go up if your premium to the V.A. would go up.
What is your deductible with the V.A. ? Your deductible would be the same as now, it would only go up if it would have gone up under the V.A.
The only difference would be instead of having to go to a V.A. Doctor or hospital you could go to any doctor or hospital that takes government payments.

Now I have answered this 3 times.

We could call it Vetcare.

Last edited:
What is your premium to the V.A. ? Your payment would be the same, it would only go up if your premium to the V.A. would go up.
What is your deductible with the V.A. ? Your deductible would be the same as now, it would only go up if it would have gone up under the V.A.
The only difference would be instead of having to go to a V.A. Doctor or hospital you could go to any doctor or hospital that takes government payments.

Now I have answered this 3 times.

We could call it Vetcare.

Dennis there is no premium or deductible for the VA. There are some co-pays for some vets for a few things. Example - we do have health insurance provided by my husbands former employer - to have a ct scan which he has to every 6 months to check his lungs our private ins charges $150 each time as our co-pay. On the other hand the VA charges $50 unless the ct scan is for a service related problem. In his case agent orange. In my opinion no combat veteran should have to pay for health care, if they will will to risk their lives to protect us they deserve it. My husband spent a lot of hours holding on to the end of a 20 foot leash following a dog who hopefully found the mines, tripwires and booby traps they saved thousands of lives by being in front of the troops. Most of the times the dogs found them - sometimes they didn't and those dogs and men never came home. As for VA vs private Dr or hosp who knows. If a Dr or facility accepts government payments they must follow government rules - if the government says no need for treatment or testing then unless you have the $$ to pay for it it will not happen.

Quote:
You don't have to worry about that, until you need it like reading the obamacare legislation before congress passes it. Death panels no worries the people in charge of us idiots says it's not part of the legislation they never read and voted for (BTW it may not be there, there may be non-life extending panels, but not death panels, the difference you may ask? the name only).

Quote:
And some vets have higher deductibles because they earn more.
What you seem to be missing is that nothing in the vets benefits would change ! It will give the vet more and better options on where and when to get their healthcare. They wouldn't have to go to one place and wait for that facility to have time for them.

The system we have has vets dying while waiting for treatment, tell me the good side of that. And that doesn't count the ones that did receive treatment, but to late to have a good outcome.

"If a Dr or facility accepts government payments they must follow government rules - if the government says no need for treatment or testing then unless you have the $$ to pay for it it will not happen."
Doesn't the V.A. follow government rules ?

Last edited:
Quote:

You don't have to worry about that, until you need it like reading the obamacare legislation before congress passes it. Death panels no worries the people in charge of us idiots says it's not part of the legislation they never read and voted for (BTW it may not be there, there may be non-life extending panels, but not death panels, the difference you may ask? the name only).

Did you miss the part about vets dying waiting for healthcare ?

Quote:

Did you miss the part about vets dying waiting for healthcare ?

Nope, just pointing out for those whom believe obamacare is great stuff and death panels will never happen are crazy because the VA did it to vets, (government healthcare for vets) why wouldn't it happen to those on obamacare (government health care for non-vets).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom