Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pacer was a crock pot on wheels. A co worker bought one, and she really regretted it. Too much glass for a hot area. The Fiat has the same problem. Huge windows and a hole in the roof.

Who in their right mind would want the sun beating down on them through the roof of the car?

Worse, they are trying to sell black cars in Arizona. Nobody buys a black car here.

You have to wonder who make these decisions?
I forgot the Fiat........

I certainly remember the Yugo cars. Itty bitty car, get hit, you end up dead or nearly dead by the time the paramedics reached you.

Hole in the roof, that was the worse thing for a car...it leaks when rained on. I can only guess the reason they exist, maybe they are trying to reach baby boomers but they simply can't handle the top down accessory on a convertible but settled on a roof window so their topee won't go flying off. Perfect solution for the middle aged crisis LOL!

Black cars? Maybe a great deal on the purchase auction price from the sherriff's short sale on reprocessed cars. OR someone who has arrived from Chicago decided to settle his business around there.

Now who made these decisions? The buyers/owners did.

Have you been keeping up with VW in Chattanooga?

As soon as VW announced turning Chattanooga's munitions factory in to a VW plant the auto workers union started moving unemployed union workers to chattanooga. The plan being to fill the plant with pro-union people so they could take it over. VW gladly hired the experienced workers. Once the plant opened the union bosses showed up to sell the south on the union. They quickly figured out they had a fight on their hands. The south is very anti-union an smart enough to know what happened to Detroit. City was covered with anti-union billboards. The union lost the vote. They cried foul an blamed fraud an political interference to demand a re-vote. Dont know if they ever re-voted or not but its still not union an even the pro-union people down here have a bad taste in their mouths over the fit the union threw. If you go to the rants an raves section of Chattanooga craigslist its still full of union workers calling the south all kinds of names for not voting the union in...

By the way, VWs pay out for most workers is about $38 an hour counting benefits. $19.50 not counting benefits. That is a little more than half what the people from Detroit expect but it is twice as much as a factory worker can expect anywhere else in the city. The union workers who were jobless before VW are quitting an moving away cause they think they are to good to work for that much.
Pretty smart folks........there has been talks about going "non union" status.

My brother and his wife bought a Yugo. They were tall people, and the car was way too small. That didn't matter because the car never ran. If it did run, it ran on the way out, but not on the way home. It was towed on an almost dailey basis.

Eventually, they had to pay to have someone tow it away, never to be returned.

My family had all of the loser cars. Willys Whippet, Hudson, Nash, Rambler, Kaiser, Anglia, Studebaker. The Yugo was just another of a long line of losers.

Oh, before I forget, I see Fiat Chrysler is going to sell stock. It might be a good investment for anyone that still has a little money.

Here is the link to the article. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...er-cinderella-story-to-tap-u-s-investors.html

They plan on moving their stock listing to the New York Stock Exchange from the Milan exchange. Does that mean they will pay US corporate income taxes on their world wide income?

Do they really think people in the US still have money to invest? Can we buy stock with EBT cards?

Why would they pay taxes on their worldwide earnings to the U.S. ? Do you have a reason they should ?

Yes, people here have money to invest !

Quote:
The program is not the problem, it is how it's installed. used it in an older computer, before and LOVED it, it seems every other windows operating system has one thing not in common with, organic fertilizer, organic fertilizer can be used for something, that being said it's just every other operating system they have is worthless, 98, was good, 2000 junk, xp good, vista, junk, etc.etc.etc.....

Quote:
People love their sun roofs here in Indiana unless it's august and from 2-11 pm. It depends on where you are at. 4x4 trucks sell for a lot more up here in the "rust belt" than down there in the "sun belt", wonder how often, you folks get 6-8 inches of snow forecast and if that has any bearing on the price of 4wheel/all wheel drive vehicles being cheaper there....

My brother and his wife bought a Yugo. They were tall people, and the car was way too small. That didn't matter because the car never ran. If it did run, it ran on the way out, but not on the way home. It was towed on an almost dailey basis.

Eventually, they had to pay to have someone tow it away, never to be returned.

My family had all of the loser cars. Willys Whippet, Hudson, Nash, Rambler, Kaiser, Anglia, Studebaker. The Yugo was just another of a long line of losers.

Are you a fan of a rather famous radio show host in Florida with "bionic hearing" and kicked a smoking, and drug habit(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom