Great Depression of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to imagine that so many systems would fail at one time. United Airlines, the stock markets, Wall Street Journal and some key utilities were hit. Is it hackers, or is it sun spot activity? I guess we will never know. Those that operate the systems will never tell us.

But it is suspicious. Notice that the little podunk outfits didn't have a problem. It affected only the bigger systems.

Maybe it is best to keep one's records on an unconnected system.

What's funny, and I'm not sure how much of this is legitimate or not, but the "hacktivist" group Anonymous posted *yesterday* :

That, in concert with the United computer failings that grounded all of their planes, it makes one wonder. :)

Edit to add: Rufus, great minds think alike!!

MrsB

Last edited:
It would be a bad time to be in the air. I have to wonder if that Malaysian Airliner was hacked? If the computers were hacked and the system was told to de pressurize the plane, people would eventually fall into a stupor.

Why would someone want to steal an airliner? Well, it would provide a weapons platform that could not be traced to its source.

An atom bomb can be made very compact, but a hydrogen bomb is a huge contraption. I guess we just have to wait for the mushroom cloud.

It seems like the Chinese government is trying to implement a soft landing for their stock market. By restricting the sell off, they may find that their investments have lost a lot of value by the time they can dump them. I am not sure how well this will work.

I have to wonder how much of the Greek debt the Chinese own?

It does little good to restructure the Greek debt if they do not resolve the problems that got them into this fix in the first place. Government spending must be cut and taxes increased. Unions must be tamed and pensions cut. This is very bitter medicine that the Greeks do not want to suffer through.

What is happening with the stock exchanges in the US?
The Chinese don't own Greece's debt.

The New York stock exchange did a software update last night that seemed to have some connectivity issues before the market opened, that seemed to recede, then they started getting more connectivity complaints. So the decided to shut it down to fix the problem. But trading didn't stop in ANY stock listed on the NYSE. There are 11 other platforms that trade those stocks, the Nasdaq being one of those platforms. On a normal day the NYSE only handles 20% of the trades of their listed stocks. So today they handled less. Wasn't any big deal.

""Phones are still ringing, markets are moving, and we are still busy trading,” said Robert Bernstone, managing director of equity trading at Credit Suisse, in the midst of the outage."

It would be a bad time to be in the air. I have to wonder if that Malaysian Airliner was hacked? If the computers were hacked and the system was told to de pressurize the plane, people would eventually fall into a stupor.

Why would someone want to steal an airliner? Well, it would provide a weapons platform that could not be traced to its source.

An atom bomb can be made very compact, but a hydrogen bomb is a huge contraption. I guess we just have to wait for the mushroom cloud.
Sorry but if you are going to blowup a nuclear bomb on an airplane, you don't need to worry about the plane being traced to a source.
Multiple hydrogen bombs fit in the nose of a missile on submarines. One submarine can carry 200 warheads. You don't need a 747 to carry one, you can carry a couple in the back of a pickup, or a small Cessna airplane.

An airliner can't be hacked and told to depressurize the cabin, or shutdown engines, or anything else.

But today was a great day for the conspiracy people.

Hello, interesting thread, only just found it now, i agree with the original post, (i didn't read all 213 pages).

Want the most accurate and professional news?: Russia Today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom