Green Corturnix Egg

becky3086

Crested Crazy
11 Years
Oct 14, 2008
Thomson, GA
I was quite surprised to find this in one of my cortunix pens this morning. It doesn't show up in the picture too well but it is quite green (picture is an EE egg, a duck egg, quail egg and the green quail egg).
17106_green_corturnix_egg.jpg

I have never had this happen before but I take it that it is from one of the two young hens that I just put in that pen.

oh oh oh....gimme a few min...

gah, i was gonna post mine as well. yea its weird to get ones like that sometimes, mine was hunter green.

i have seen really cool blue eggs with brown speckles

Last edited:
LOl, I think this just might be a natural thing. If you look inside corturnix eggs the inside shells are blue-ish. I think this is just one of those cases of the hen not being quite ready yet and not laying the outside color on the egg. I could be wrong but I think it is something like that.

I have 2 different color Corturnix Quails, mostly the brown ones but some are the yellowish white ones. They lay a bluish green egg in a little different shape then the brown ones...just saying

i just got 2 green eggs from new hens. two a&ms and it was their first eggs. they had blotches but were very green

Back
Top Bottom