Green duck poop?

fr4ncisforever

Hatching
Jun 10, 2023
Hello, my duck has recently started pooping green this afternoon and I was wondering what it could be? She accidentally ate a small piece of a Taco Bell beef and cheese burrito when she was out of my sight so I originally thought that could be the cause until I found some of her poop she layed before eating the burrito. Photos 1, 2, 3 are photos i took after i discovered she ate the burrito. Photo 4 is before she ate the burrito. Any ideas what this could be? I leave on vacation next week and I just want to make sure she’s healthy and good before I leave her with my pet sitter.

Attachments

• A5139E6B-A041-475C-AEA2-E2E36B2AF8B6.jpeg
    A5139E6B-A041-475C-AEA2-E2E36B2AF8B6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
  • F3182AF2-D98A-423D-9BFC-B0C9C2BE7131.jpeg
    F3182AF2-D98A-423D-9BFC-B0C9C2BE7131.jpeg
    779.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 0E207936-161E-4AC4-9054-66F05CF00D6F.jpeg
    0E207936-161E-4AC4-9054-66F05CF00D6F.jpeg
    703.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 377E9CA5-BC20-4BEF-9C04-EBEC89C03B6D.jpeg
    377E9CA5-BC20-4BEF-9C04-EBEC89C03B6D.jpeg
    353.2 KB · Views: 4
that shade of green is one of the normal duck poop colors - did she have access to any green foods like grass and weeds anything they eat will make poop look the color of the food they ate. that’s ok .
if it was a bright neon green, that would be bad like some kind of infection.
the bubbly one could point to some kind of infection however, she might also just have gas from the burrito.
is she acting normal and healthy otherwise?

that shade of green is one of the normal duck poop colors - did she have access to any green foods like grass and weeds anything they eat will make poop look the color of the food they ate. that’s ok .
if it was a bright neon green, that would be bad like some kind of infection.
the bubbly one could point to some kind of infection however, she might also just have gas from the burrito.
is she acting normal and healthy otherwise?
No, she hasn’t had any access to any type of green colored food. She is acting normal and healthy and eating plenty of food and drinking water but im just concerned about it possibly being an infection, virus, or liver damage? This has been going on for 5 days now ☹️

I have my 15 ducks and when I enter the duck pen I can see Green, brown and sometimes white poop. As long as everyone is acting perfectly normal and eating and drinking I never worry about them. I can't tell who is pooping what so I don't panic as they have always been just fine. I myself don't let poop colors bother me and have never had a sick duck in 3 years. I pray all is well but I would not worry too much about it as it seems it can come in all colors at times here with mine.

No, she hasn’t had any access to any type of green colored food. She is acting normal and healthy and eating plenty of food and drinking water but im just concerned about it possibly being an infection, virus, or liver damage? This has been going on for 5 days now ☹️
Since you're not seeing anything abnormal like off her feed laying around looking sick staying away from the other birds then most likely she is fine. I am like @Luv Ducks I see all specturm of poop colors the one you need to worry about is the neon green/blood and if you see her off by herself not eating or spending time with the flock.

Back
Top Bottom