Green Egg at last!!! YAH!

mmtillman

Songster
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
Southwest MO near the ARK line
All my hens are laying now except for the Americaunas....I was beginning to think they just were not goin to lay....when today ....I finally found my first colored egg!!! It was a beautiful green and perfect!! I am so so proud of my late blooming hens!!!
wee.gif

Same here... I am still waiting on mine to pop out their first egg... Yay for you though!!
smile.png

I can't wait to find my 1st green egg! My pullets are looking more like hens every time I go out to the pen.

I understand your late bloomers! I have had my 27 chickens since January and they wouldn't lay. I dusted, wormed, fresh watered, fed... and last week someone in here suggested calf manna..... and 7 days later.."Tonight" I went into the chicken house.... and low and behold,,,, 9 1/2 months later.... My first 2 eggs (1.6 oz) each! I left the chicken house and came back in to see maybe if I was seeing things! Time to celebrate!

You should be able to get calf manna at any feed store/mill. It is a milk base and boost protein too. My rabbits (and my dog) love it. Just remember a little goes a long way when supplementing feed like that.

Back
Top Bottom