Green Egg at last!!! YAH!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mmtillman, Oct 7, 2009.

1. All my hens are laying now except for the Americaunas....I was beginning to think they just were not goin to lay....when today ....I finally found my first colored egg!!! It was a beautiful green and perfect!! I am so so proud of my late blooming hens!!! [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    How old was she?

I have a BUNCH of Ameracaunas and EEs that haven't given me an egg.

3. stuckinthecity

stuckinthecity Songster

Apr 25, 2009
    Same here... I am still waiting on mine to pop out their first egg... Yay for you though!! [​IMG]

I can't wait to find my 1st green egg! My pullets are looking more like hens every time I go out to the pen.

4. Sacman64

Sacman64 In the Brooder

Aug 29, 2009
    Hosston, La.
    I understand your late bloomers! I have had my 27 chickens since January and they wouldn't lay. I dusted, wormed, fresh watered, fed... and last week someone in here suggested calf manna..... and 7 days later.."Tonight" I went into the chicken house.... and low and behold,,,, 9 1/2 months later.... My first 2 eggs (1.6 oz) each! I left the chicken house and came back in to see maybe if I was seeing things! Time to celebrate!

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Calf Manna?

Where do I buy it and how did you feed it?

6. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    You should be able to get calf manna at any feed store/mill. It is a milk base and boost protein too. My rabbits (and my dog) love it. Just remember a little goes a long way when supplementing feed like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by