Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

IMG_20230510_081708838.jpg
Well I may be starting this back up

Had to take a break from chickens for a few years because if work schedules and such.

I now have a cock bired that I think was either from my project or descended from my stock.

I have him in with some EE hens now. Oribsblt won't be hatching any until next year though.

Draye - will you be selling hatching eggs this coming spring? I'd LOVE to purchase some from your nn green egg laying birds they are beautiful.

If I do it will be first generation eggs. NN x EE or vice versa. I will be hatching pures the first time come spring. I will then move my roosters around to get some GENN eggs. I'll let you know when I do get them moved around and see if you still want them. Just remind me again come about April or May.

Like everything else, it takes time and effort but if you're like me and my kids, we are patient when we are working with something that we like and gives us a challenge.

Jason and I are working with a couple hybrid projects for meat birds to be caopnized and poulardized. We are using Dark Cornish cocks over NN hens.

Son Aaron, (aka TURK) who lives in KY, is working with Buckeyes over NN hens for the same purpose.

I have my daughter back home now and she is thinking of showing some of the Florida White rabbits we have to cross with NZ Whites for meat. When we got our Florida Whites, we bought the best available from a show breeder in Toledo Ohio and she has the pure genetics to work with to really have a field day at ARBA rabbit shows. She is still not 100% back from a serious auto accident about three years so she may never be able to show dogs again but rabbits and birds will be easy for her to deal with.

When you get some birds that are laying the way you want, perhaps I can get a trio for her to play with.

She loves the NNs and has put new vigor in Jason's efforts to breed both White and Black birds for show.

RON

Please post updates on you Dark Cornish/NN crosses! I've actually been discussing this combination with my husband as a future project I'd like to pursue...once my NN eggs actually hatch and mature, that is. My eggs are only on day 4 in the incubator and I'm going crazy waiting for them. Patience has never been one of my virtues.
roll.png

Please post updates on you Dark Cornish/NN crosses! I've actually been discussing this combination with my husband as a future project I'd like to pursue...once my NN eggs actually hatch and mature, that is. My eggs are only on day 4 in the incubator and I'm going crazy waiting for them. Patience has never been one of my virtues. :rolleyes:

This needs to be posted on the Breeding For Production Thread. This thread is for Green Egger Naked Necks. Thanks.

Last edited:
Please post updates on you Dark Cornish/NN crosses! I've actually been discussing this combination with my husband as a future project I'd like to pursue...once my NN eggs actually hatch and mature, that is. My eggs are only on day 4 in the incubator and I'm going crazy waiting for them. Patience has never been one of my virtues.
roll.png

Drae is absolutely correct and I will post results on my production thread...Sorry draye, for getting carried away. Will also post about my Buckeye over Dark Cornish cross too!

Draye...I'm very serious about getting some chicks or preferably a trio of your birds for my daughter. NNs are her favorite breed and the blue eggs would please her very much!!!

Here are my 4 lil Turken x EE babies (disregard the feather-necked chicks in the first 2 pics). So anxious to see what they grow up to look like & what color eggs they'll lay (hoping I have a pullet or more in the mix
fl.gif
). I did not see the parents but was told the roo is a white EE or Ameraucana and the hen is a Turken but I forgot what color I was told she was. I will post growth progress photos in this thread.
wee.gif

Last edited:
Drae is absolutely correct and I will post results on my production thread...Sorry draye, for getting carried away.  Will also post about my Buckeye over Dark Cornish cross too!

Draye...I'm very serious about getting some chicks or preferably a trio of your birds for my daughter.  NNs are her favorite breed and the blue eggs would please her very much!!!

That was fine what you post here we were (started anyway) talking about the GENN's.

I just didn't want this turning into a any and everything thread.

Just let me know when you're ready for some. Eggs or chicks. I'm trying to build them up with more lines. It's just time consuming. Not complaining just observations.

I think for the Easter Hatch I'm going to try the opposite and put my Ameraucana over some NN hens.

Are you wanting any particular colors for you trio? Reason I ask is because I'm getting quite varied colors right now because of the use of Easter Eggers ( these are really very hardy birds). Which are not bred to any standard color.

I'll post when I get more birds hatched.

We're not really that far from each other, okay we are but my wife is from East Tennessee. So when we visit with her family that brings us closer. All she has left are her siblings and a aunt and 2 uncles there.

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with close inbreeding when done judiciously...but you must know what is held in the genetic packages you're working with and have a pretty good idea what you are looking to accomplish.

I agree. But I'm still learning. Even though I've been doing this off and in for about 35 to forty years. Still ever learning. I'm trying this out to see how it goes.

He's pretty. Do you have any EE or Ameraucanas to breed him to? That'd be a way to get the green egg gene back.

Thanks. :)

He's from a line bred separate from everything else because it was a rare combination(single+colored eggs) but now that legbars are here, I guess hoping he has it for mostly sentimental reasons.. "keep that line going".

Back
Top Bottom